- Position: Resource Management Assistant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: September 04, 2023
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline; or Non‐relevant bachelor’s degree plus one of the following: (1) CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting; or (2) ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business; or (3) equivalent country‐level accounting certificate.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
- At least 1 year of relevant experience, but it is preferred to have a candidate with professional experience for two years or longer.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling transactional-level financial/accounting works.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial reporting, budget planning and monitoring, and internal control.
- Demonstrated competency in people relations.
- Competence in the use of MS Office software such as (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Good working knowledge of financial systems, such as, SAP.
Language skills: Proficient in French and English with the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in both.
- Integrity and Independence: Prepare accurate reports, ensuring that pertinent facts are fairly presented, and shares information freely.
- Statutory and other Stakeholder Reporting: Can produce pro-forma financial statements and reports; familiar with disclosure requirements and accompanying notes, and management and auditor’s reports.
- Internal controls and corporate procedures: Can analyze data and business processes to determine the viability of controls and procedures and identify any issues or areas of risk.
- Governance: Able to interpret the fundamental resource management requirements of a client’s governing structures and to provide basic budget analysis.
- Planning and Budgeting: Can produce standard reports and budgets and analyze budget information; understand the entity’s funding structure and sources.
- Performance Evaluation and Reporting: Able to determine the information needs of users and present information that supports management decision-making.
- Management Information and Tools Design: Able to analyze management information needs, accurately define requirements and ensure the quality of information produced.
- Financial Strategy: Understand what impacts the strength and integrity of the entity’s income statement and balance sheet, and the Bank’s lending products and basic pricing structures.
- Tasks and Workflow Management: Has excellent workflow management and task organization skills; able to take responsibility for all aspects of coordination of the workflow of assigned responsibilities.
- Transactions Processing and Quality Control.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Closing Date: September 04, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply online using the World Bank Application portal:
You must fill in ALL sections or your application will not be considered. We require you to provide a brief cover letter summarizing your qualifications and motivation to work at the World Bank Group.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Apply in the link below: