- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Junior accountant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Salary: Based on the company scale
- Deadline: Aug 5, 2023
- Responsible for the general accounting function of the company: Including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Analyze financial information & prepare balance sheets.
- Coordinate with the finance head, HR office and other staffs to prepare budget.
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Resolve account payable and receivable issues & queries.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash and credit transaction, and tally and file invoices.
- Comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger preparation.
- Prepare income tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Develop monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- Complete end of month close procedures.
- Recording of financial information in Peachtree
- Collecting daily sales from shops and posting daily sales report.
- Processing and posting payments.
- Type of employment: Indefinite type of employment
- Quantity: One
- Date of vacancy announced: Aug 1-2023
- Application deadline: Aug 5-2023
Qualifications and Experience
- BA in accounting and finance from a legal collage or university from a legal collage/university.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Professional Certification IFRS and Peachtree.
- Work experience in a telecom project is a plus.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, ATTITUDE
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge about financial policies, manuals and laws (National & international).
- Peachtree accounting skill and quick books.
- Excellent computer utilization skill.
- Excellent communication skill and excellent finance report – writing.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Reading comprehension – fluent in Amharic & English.
How to Apply
The Application should have: Application letter and CV
Application area: Email your CV in the next 5 consecutive days
Email: [email protected]
Only Email your CV via this email