- Position: Internal Auditor (Financial Audit)
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Oct 10, 2023
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
REPORT TO: Director, Internal Audit
DURATION: Open Contract/Indefinite Period
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 22,989.00- ETB 27,380.00 plus ETB 7,200.00 Housing allowance and ETB 2,200.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Purpose of the Job:
Periodically examines EHRC’s financial records to ensure they are accurate and up to date and that process for generating and maintaining financial records and documents comply with applicable standards and regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design the auditing process using common standard practices, policies, goals, and regulation;
- Indicate areas where risk is found to generate a more complete picture of financial responsibility;
- Analyze adherence with budgetary standards and guidelines using financial data and balance sheets;
- Review all financial materials and procedures to spot errors, inefficiencies, or instances of misuse;
- Document all internal processes within an audit; list all data sources; detail all conclusions after an investigation;
- Update the internal organization’s team members with periodic status reports, meetings, and other important developments; publish a report after completing an inquiry;
- Work to develop new standards of practice within the commission to increase accounting accuracy and integrity;
- Aid in the case of an external audit of EHRC;
- Reflect on historical and current budgetary trends found in the data;
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise within the field by participating in professional development;
- Keep all sensitive information confidential and secure;
- Analyze accounting entries and financial data, examine records and documents, prepare analyses and summaries of findings and draft detailed reports regarding investigation results;
- Evaluate processes and procedures to identify weaknesses that can lead to loss, develop new loss-mitigation techniques and procedures;
- reviews a company’s financial statements, documents, data, and accounting entries;
- Perform other duties as assigned by internal audit director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MSc/MBA or BA in Accounting and Finance or related fields.
- 2 years of relevant experience for MSc/MBA and 4 years of relevant experience for BA;
- Experience and knowledge of IFMIS is required;
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of Amharic is required;
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a cover letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, and why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
Please include the name of the position and location on the subject of the email. Candidates who didn’t follow the procedure will be rejected automatically. Please do not respond to the automatic reply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and written exam.