- Position: Project Officer, School Feeding And Social Protection
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Oct 15, 2023
About the Role
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Project Officer, School Feeding and Social Protection to support the coordination of the School Feeding and Social Protection activities of the BDFA (Better Dairy For All) Program in Ethiopia. This role will be offered on a 3 years’ fixed term contract basis, subject to availability of funding. You will be based in GAIN’s Ethiopia office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be involved in core project activities and provide a range support services, including preparation of reports and briefs, coordinating resources, maintaining project documentation and implementing and monitoring project plans. You will ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, meeting quality standards and within agreed scope and in line with GAINs Project Management Guidelines.
The project officer will also undertake various administrative tasks including organising, coordinating, scheduling and attending meetings with team members, stakeholders, clients and suppliers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and scheduling project review meetings at regular cycles and preparing documentation of findings and recommendations in PRISM
- Facilitating the implementation of project activities in compliance with the policies and best practice standards of GAIN, working closely with consultants, colleagues and the project manager
- Supporting with the facilitation and coordination of the workshops for the BDFA project
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation and PRISM for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes to ensure accessibility of quality information and contribute to the achievement of project outcomes
- Conducting regular field monitoring visits of the activities conducted under the project by partners. Collecting data and following up with contracted partners to ensure timely submission of reports and preparing timely monitoring reports with findings and recommendations
- Supporting the project manager by working closely with government, implementing partners, external suppliers and professional services to coordinate and facilitate an effective delivery of the project including areas such as dissemination of lessons learnt, relevant approvals and discussions around school feeding and social protection interventions.
- Maintaining strong partnerships with civil society, INGOs, government entities, private sector and other organisations as well as the school community, parents, dairy product suppliers and others involved in the school feeding project
- Overseeing all administrative aspects of the procurement process for the BDFA project including budgeting, procurement supporting with the drafting of agreements and terms of reference with consultants, coordination of the procurement plan and contracts and logistical arrangements within ethical and procurement standards and guidelines
- Working closely with the project accountant, monitoring the receipt of deliverables and payments to partners, as well as ensuring all project related expenses are properly coded to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting
- The ideal candidate will have previous project management and stakeholder experience working in social protection and/or school feeding programmes in Ethiopia and will have experience with business and project administration systems, including financial administration. Candidates’ with experience working in dairy value chain work will be an added advantage.
- You will possess a deep understanding and passion on issues related to nutritious food consumption in Ethiopia and good understanding/knowledge on School Feeding and Social Protection policies, strategies, and platforms in Ethiopia.
- The postholder should have excellent command of written and spoken English and Amharic and willing to work in a multi-cultural and international environment. You should be highly flexible and be able to travel frequently to project sites.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent recognized international accreditation in Project Management; Degree in Sociology, Public Health, Nutrition, Social Work, Supply Chain / Business Management, International Relations, Sustainable Development, Economics, Development / Peace and Conflict studies or related field. Candidates with a postgraduate qualification is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will be computer literate in Microsoft Office and have advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages as well as experience in handling of web-based management systems. You will have excellent writing skills, with analytical capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality project reports.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from ETB 555,000 – ETB 634,872 per annum (gross salary), depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
How To Apply
We provide a flexible working environment that includes a combination of home and office working opportunities through our global hybrid working policy. This encourages our staff to have a healthy work-life balance and increases staff motivation, enriches employee wellbeing, and improves performance and productivity.
Apply Via Online: https://jobs.gainhealth.org/vacancies/1073/apply/
All of our positions are based in one or more of GAIN’s designated offices as stated on our job advertisements. Successful candidates will be based in one of GAIN’s country offices and must have the existing right to live and work within a reasonably commutable distance of the relevant city / cities in which the role is advertised. Please note, that GAIN does not sponsor working visas and relocations.
GAIN reserves the right to withdraw an offer of employment for candidates who are considered to ineligible under the above conditions during or after the recruitment process.
Applicants must be currently based and have the existing right to live and work in the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia region to be eligible to apply for this position.
This advert closes on 18th October 2023. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.