- Category: Accounting and Finance, Admin, Secretarial and Clerical, Business Development
- Position: Regional Hub Finance, Grant, and Administrative Officer
- Location: Dessie and Dire Dawa
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Deadline: Aug 31, 2023
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded Ethiopia Civic Engagement (ECE)Activity is a four-year activity with the overall goal to strengthen Ethiopia’s civic fabric in support of more inclusive, peaceful, and responsive governance. The project aims to strengthen civic and community-based actors’ capacity to engage in policy analysis, advocacy, dialogue, and collective action for peaceful, democratic change; and foster multi-stakeholder civic partnerships in support of inclusive dialogue, respect for human rights, and advancing more effective, citizen-responsive, and accountable governance.
The Regional Hub Finance, Grant, and Administrative Officer will be responsible for managing the day-to-day finance, grants, and administrative activities of the regional hub in accordance with Creative and USAID policies, procedures, and systems. S/he will report to the Regional Hub Manager but will obtain the necessary direction and technical guidance from the finance manager, operations manager, human resources manager, and senior grant manager at ECE main project office in Addis Ababa.
Reporting: The Finance, Grants and Administrative Officer reports to the Regional Hub Manager
- Prepare payment requests for technical and operational activities conducted at the regional hub and submit to the main project office in Addis for processing payment
- Prepare monthly cash forecasts for the regional hub
- Assist the regional hub manager in planning and budgeting
- Handle petty cash and prepare petty cash settlement and replenishment
- Follow-up on settlement of advances issued to the regional hub staff
- Review travel advance requests and travel reimbursement claims for the regional hub staff for accuracy and completeness before they are submitted to the main project office finance in Addis for processing
- Provide on-site support for trainings, meetings and workshops organized at the regional hub including venue booking, procurement of necessary materials, gathering and organizing participant attendance registers as well as preparing payment sheet for participants per diem and travel costs and submitting it to the main project office finance in Addis to process the payment
- Participate in conducting pre-award assessment and selection of local Sub-grantees
- Provide support to sub-grantees, and committees including scheduling and attending internal and external meetings.
- Participate in team meetings and team building efforts, activities, and provide capacity-strengthening support to sub-grantees, as required.
- In consultation with the regional hub manager and the grant manager, conduct field visits to monitor grantees and provide on-site support with respect to financial grant management, as needed.
- Responsible for all Sub-grant coordination with structured deadlines, ensuring compliance with donor regulations and Creative Associates policies and procedures within the project.
- Assist in the review of Sub-grant budgets and work plans, financial, and narrative reports and follow-up on compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of approved disbursement and follow up on timely release of the Sub-grants funds
- Assist the grant manager in tracking expenditures and commitments in line with the approved spending plans and the work plan
- Handle correspondence and matters regarding field grant management in consultation with the ECE field project and Finance team.
- Raise compliance issues proactively with the Deputy Chief of party and Grants Manager.
- Support with the maintenance of all paper and electronic Sub-grant files
- In accordance with Creative and USAID policies, provide day-to-day administrative and operations support to the regional hub including general office administration, logistics, inventory, and vehicle management
- Liaise with the operations manager and senior procurement officer at the main project office in Addis to facilitate procurement of goods and services for the regional hub. This may include solicitation of vendor quotes and offer analysis for recommending vendors for procurement of goods and services at the regional hub level
- Manage project vehicle and other assets assigned to the regional hub
- Manage fuel cards and conduct fuel reconciliations
- Handle lease agreements for the regional hub and ensure timely renewal of the agreement and payment of lease
- Ensure that Creative’s safety and security procedures are implemented at the regional hub as per guidance provided by the Project Security Manager at the main project office in Addis
- Provide HR support to the regional hub staff as per guidance from the HR Manager at the main project office in Addis, including gathering HR-related data and forms such as approved leave forms and medical expense reimbursement claims of the regional hub staff and submitting them to the HR office at the main project office
- Supervise all support staff at the regional hub level (i.e., drivers, office cleaners, and security officers)
- Facilitate regional team field travels, lodging and etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelors’ degree or professional qualifications in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience with at least two years supporting finance, grants, and administrative activities for USAID-funded programs or donors of similar size and complexity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and effective application of USAID regulations and procedures.
- Experience with USAID program finances and budgeting or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies, desired.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of official language of the region where the hub is located is advantageous
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for Dessie, please click this link.
If you are interested to apply for Dire Dawa, please click this link.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.