Position: Finance Officer
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: December 6, 2023
Medical Teams International Calling: Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Provides support in the implementation of internal controls for processing project-level transactions in accordance with GAAP, MTI Finance Manual and donor requirements.
- Ensure all payment requisitions presented have sufficient support documents and are arithmetically accurate, correctly coded and fully authorized in line with the MTI finance manual before payment is made.
- Assists in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, such as absences, separation, new appointments and sick leave.
- Issue cash payments, with approval from Finance Manager or designate.
- Responsible for the office cash by ensuring secure custody, complete and accurate record is held at all times, and requests for replenishment are made in a timely manner.
- Maintain a record of all transactions and prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Maintain proper filing of finance vouchers and records in hard copies for future reference. After verification reviews, he/she will ensure that they get returned to their archives.
- In collaboration with HR team, coordinates preparation of work timesheets and ensure their signed by the relevant managers.
- Support in the preparation of project reports and any other financial reports
- Provide technical support to non-finance staff on financial policies and procedures.
- Verify with Logistics Department that the asset register agrees with physical assets and complies with MTI policy.
- Participate in the preparation of cash flows and budget requirements.
- Ensure Statutory deductions, payments and remittance reports are done by designated deadlines.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies. Incumbents will remain alert and responsive to any child and adult safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child and adult safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding
- Other duties as assigned.
Team: Support Staff
Reports to (position): Senior Finance Officer
Location(s): Addis Ababa
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Saturday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Travel: Regular travel to field offices
If Manager of Staff, Positions Supervised: (directly & indirectly) TBD
Education, Licenses, & Certification
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Accounting) is required; Bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage
- 2 years of work experience in Finance & Accounting for Diploma holder or 1 year of work experience in Finance & Accounting for bachelor’s degree holder.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of non-profit accounting
- Basic knowledge of payroll and voucher payment coordination
- Desired: Knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc.
- Excellent skills using Excel, familiar with other Microsoft programs including Teams.
- Skilled in explaining financial procedures to non-finance staff.
- Skilled in maintaining payroll data for monthly payments.
- A good command of both written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy.
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to priorities to manage competing tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support Medical Teams International Calling and adhere to the Medical Teams International Code of Conduct
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
How to Apply
Candidates should follow the following 3 steps while applying for the positions:
1. Fill out the mandatory application form using the following link: Online Application Form and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful.
2. Send your CV and application letter to [email protected] clearly mark “ Finance Officer ” in the subject line
3.Only candidates who fill the online application form and send CV together with Application letter only will be considered for candidacy.
All applications must be submitted on or before 06 December 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further assessment.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply to the following address ——-
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.
Your application letter must include the following information:
Name of the position you have applied.
Date of application
Summary of your qualifications and experience
Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent)