- Organization: World Vision
- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Cashier/Storekeeper
- Location: Oromia
- Deadline: June 26, 2023
- Effects approved cash payment, fuel coupons and materials from store
- Handles cash collection and timely deposit in the bank
- Prepares RO/Project/AP’s revolving fund replenishment
- Prepares deposit voucher to record cash collection and deposits
- Ensure proper reconciliation of physical count with bin cards and stock cards and report the results to the RO/Project/AP Finance Officer regularly
- As the cash custodian, he/she ensures safety deposit of financial assets, handles the material supplies according to the material management and finance guidelines of WVE
- Report the likely risks to the store and properties therein before any damage occurs and report any damage or missing properties in the store immediately after incidence and seeks safe disposal as soon as possible.
- Handles all bank matters except collecting check books, which have to be done by the accountants;
- Assists the accountant in canceling payment document, i.e. putting paid stamps on used receipts, invoices and rechecks the completeness of financial documents, approval signatures and attached financial documents.
- Ensure receipt of all goods/materials procured/ supplied by donation into the warehouse, certify that they are as detailed on supporting procurement documentation and accepted by incoming inspection, against issuing of Goods Receiving Note (G.R.N)
- Properly manage goods/materials in an orderly manner according to the stock classification, oversees and administers the operations of stock movement
- Distribute stock items/transit items against a properly authorized ware house requisition and adjust bin card accordingly.
- Store management as per the standard and timely inventory and recording.
- Maintain files appropriately to the activities of the work unit, such as invoice, copy of P/R, P/O, GRN, Warehouse Issue Ticket…etc.; distribute copy documents to the concerned work unit & staff.
- Other key tasks given by the supervisors,
Required Education, Training, license, Registration, and Certification
- Degree/ Diploma in Accounting or related field
Required Professional Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Cashier/Store Keeper
- NGO experience is preferred
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Office based with frequent travel to project woredas
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their CV with three references using the link:https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Cashier-Sotekeeper_R21141
World Vision is a child-focused organization that is committed to safeguarding all children as well as adult beneficiaries, and has zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Therefore, World Vision does not hire staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults, even if their role does not interact directly with them.
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.