- Position: Accountant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Sep 27, 2023
On behalf of one of its clients, The Talent Firm is recruiting for the position of Accountant.
- Manage all financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Update internal systems with financial data.
- Journalizing, posting, cross-referencing, adjusting , correcting , and closing entries, determining account balances, and testing accounting activities for accuracy.
- Collects monthly Bank statements.
- Reconciles monthly all bank accounts as soon as a statement is received from the bank.
- Calculates and prepares monthly VAT declaration on time.
- Verifies that cash receipts and cash sales invoices are recorded in sequence and all numbers are accounted for.
- Prepares a monthly trial balance of ledger account balances.
- Participates in preparing periodic and year-end financial reports and statements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance and related fields from a reputable institution.
- 1-4 years of experience as an accounts receivable officer, accountant, or related positions.
- Knowledge of Peachtree accounting, Familiarity with tax regulations and the new excise scheme, Good Microsoft Office skills, Excellent English and Amharic verbal and written skills are required
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their applications through [email protected] with the subject line ‘Accountant’ no later than 28 September 2023.