- Position: Senior Account Receivable Officer
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Sep 09, 2023
The sales Accountant will be responsible for the control and accuracy of the sales entries to the accounting database as well as ensuring cash received is in line with sales. Keeping reporting deadline with due accuracy of sales and cash transactions recorded in to the accounting system. In addition, he/she will be responsible for ensuring that financial procedures and processes of the Company are applied.
Purpose of Role
- The purpose of the role is to provide accurate sales records and to give management visibility on sales and cash collection.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Manage cash collection points to ensure all transactions are properly and accurately captured.
- The role should ensure compliance with government and taxation laws.
- Effective document control of sales invoices, receipts etc.
- Cross departmental communication, specifically with commercial, is required to ensure the accuracy of sales.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervision of team personnel.
- Prompt maintenance of records (cash book, ledger accounts) and ERP System.
- Agreeing of cash collections with bank deposit and sales records and reconciling money balances to receipts daily.
- Reconciling and prepare monthly VAT and excise tax collection report
- Reviewing cash collection process of cashier accountants to ensure consistency and appropriateness.
- Ensure goods returned are appropriate (by liaising with quality assurance) and properly accounted for.
- Preparation of daily collection report.
- Producing other exception management reports when required.
- Carry out random cash counts to ensure cash agrees to daily cash receipts.
- Provide weekly sales status report versus forecast.
- Assist with development of sales team commissions and incentive schemes.
- Report to Finance Manager on a daily basis.
- Liaise with inventory officer to share financial and non-financial information on finished goods on a weekly basis.
- Maintains complete records on all accounts including, but not limited to, detailed documentation on collection efforts.
- Undertake any additional duties as may be assigned as necessary.
Qualification and Experience Required
- BA degree in accountancy qualification from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience as accounts receivable officer
- Familiar with tax system and new excise scheme
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent English and Amharic verbal and written skills.
- Team player.
- Strong time and people management skills, and ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Strong systems (particularly ERP) experience considered an advantage.
- Effective time management and ability to meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through the link below