- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Location: Addis Ababa,
- Position: Cashier
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: As per the company Scale
- Deadline: May 24, 2023
Qualification and Experience Required
- Effective time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Recognized accountancy qualification from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Familiar with tax system and new excise scheme
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent English and Amharic verbal and written skills.
- Team player.
- Strong time and people management skills, and ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Strong systems (particularly ERP) experience considered an advantage.
Scope of Role
The Cashier will be responsible for the control and management of incoming and outgoing cash.
Purpose of Role
- The purpose of the role is to manage petty cash payments and cash collection from sales.
- Manage cash collection and ensure appropriate documents are received and given
- The role should ensure compliance with government and taxation laws. Effective document control of sales invoices, receipts etc.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Making sure that all petty cash requests are appropriate (i.e. allowable) and authorizes and that the original receipts are collected and collated.
- Ensuring that the petty cash fund is regularly replenished (using reimbursement requests) and safeguarded.
- Reconciling daily that the total amount of the petty cash fund equals the cash on hand plus any unreimbursed amounts.
- Safe-guarding funds-to include; making sure all funds are locked away, bank pick-ups do not conform to a regular time of the day or week, frequent deposits to avoid too much cash being held on site, access to cashier’s room should be limited.
- Agreement of cash collections with till rolls.
- Creating accurate daily cash reports, and issuing receipts, and generating cash drawer counts.
- Recording and investigating any overages and shortages.
- Looking out for counterfeit money.
- Report to Sales Accountant on a daily basis.
- Undertake any additional duties as may be given by Sales Accountant.
How to Apply
If you are interested for please follow the Link.