- Position: Human Resource Intern
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Sep 25, 2023
LWF World Service Ethiopia is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia. Its thematic areas include the promotion of food security and sustainable livelihood, sustainable natural resources management, emergency preparedness, response and rehabilitation, and capacity building.
OBJECTIVE OF THE INTERNSHIP
LWF Ethiopia promotes gender equality and equal opportunities for women and men. As part of its commitment, LWF strives to ensure gender equity at the institutional level.
The aim is to provide an opportunity for young fresh graduates to exercise the most important duties of modern office management, administration, supervision and personnel matters; it aims to produce office managers/administrators who can effectively and efficiently supervise services essential to the smooth running of the enterprise.
The internship program is designed to provide a unique professional development opportunity for fresh graduates. The program intends to recruit and onboard highly motivated individuals who have an interest in areas relevant to the organization in an internship program.
Human Resource Intern Role
The role of Intern will be assigned to manage different junior HR-related activities including first-phase recruitment processes, (appointing candidates and facilitating) personnel file management, and other responsibilities as required under the supervision of the HR Officer.
Based on the need, to contribute to the organization’s mission while at the same time focusing on meeting their developmental needs and providing an opportunity to explore careers and develop and learn skills on the job.
The HR Intern will be delivering
HR Records And Filling System
- Maintain proper staff’s personal files and ensure that files have up-to-date information on time and on a regular basis as per the personnel file checklist of the organization.
- Check the fulfillment of all mandatory documents and information to the concerned HR Officer on time.
- Ensure quality and integrity of the HR filing system by keeping all HR records, information and files clearly labelled, organized chronologically and kept confidential.
- Compiling and maintaining HR-related documents
- Assists in ordering and filing new employees’ contract agreements.
- Arrange assessments (date of assessments, calling shortlisted applicants, scheduling with panelists) and administer tests and ensure all pre-employment documentation is in place accordingly
- Facilitating the recruitment and selection process.
- Assist with on boarding employees by scheduling and ensuring all relevant departments are involved.
- Assist the HR and Admin Unit in handling active and dead personnel files
Follow-Up And Updating
- Assistant on follow-up staff’s performance review and objective setting is done/or not and document it well.
- Handle employee insurance schemes and timely communicate to the insurance company whenever there is employee inclusion and exclusion and verify head office staff medical documents.
- Preparing weekly updates and weekly recruitment updates and send to concerned staff.
- Tracking the probation period of all new staff
General HR Support
- Support with the daily administrative operations of the human resource department and interact with employees of other departments
- Assist with ongoing HR audits as directed
- Perform other tasks and support the team as required.
- Graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, Secretarial Science and Office Management and other related fields graduated only in the year 2021 & 2022 from recognized College/University
- Energetic and able to grasp new ideas.
- Strong desire to grow professionally
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Open-minded for strong knowledge and skills in computer application programs
- Open-minded for the ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment
The Ideal Intern Candidate Will Also:
- Demonstrate commitment to the values, aims and principles of LWF/WS, including equal opportunity and gender sensitivity.
What Can This Role Offer The Intern?
An opportunity to gain skills and experience in:
- An opportunity to gain skills and experience in Human Resources.
- Working in a team and being supported by your manager.
- Given a stipend transportation allowance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through THIS LINK
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.