- Position: MEL Administrator – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Oct 21, 2023
Position: MEL Administrator – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Deadline: October, 22/2023
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of businesses and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
TechnoServe has assisted over 200,000 smallholder coffee households in East Africa to improve their incomes by increasing the quality of the coffee they produce, boosting their coffee production and linking them to premium markets. Going forward, TechnoServe is developing innovative approaches and partnerships with corporations to enable more smallholder coffee households in East Africa to achieve livelihood security. In Ethiopia alone, TechnoServe has supported over 150,000 smallholder coffee households to improve their coffee productivity and to improve overall coffee business for more than 12 years. TechnoServe runs a number of coffee programs in Ethiopia and all of these programs are greared at supporting smallholder farmers to improve their livelihood through the adoption of coffee production and processing best practices
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Administrator (MEL Administrator) will be responsible for overseeing data entry and verification related to the monitoring and evaluation of the Coffee Practice projects in Ethiopia
Key roles and responsibilities
- Farm College Attendance: Data Entry and Farmer Attendance:
- Proactively seek out data mainly from field teams
- Enter all data related to agronomy training farmer attendance, surveys or others as indicated by the MEL Specialist.
- Reporting on the progress of data entry and expected completion times
- Gather and organize and properly file hard copies of all data collected
- Preparation & printing of Farmer Attendance sheet for the Agronomy team every month
- Assist in any formatting adjustments of M&E materials
- Assist in providing coaching and feedback on data collection tools and data entry templates for field teams.
- Facilitate/deliver data collection tools
- Updating attendance tracker form
Farm College Data Verification And Cleaning
- Follow up with field staff for data verification
- Complete and ensure the accuracy of all data entered by doing backchecks
- Clean and synthesize the data entered by data encoders
- Support continuous cleaning of attendance data based on field response and spot checks.
- Address feedback to AAs and Farmer Trainers on attendance and participation in the AAs’ and FTs’ modeling training sessions in order to facilitate attendance forms training and feedback sessions with the field teams.
- Review that all M&E data is complete and presented in the correct formats for analysis
Other M&E Task
- Preparing Name Tags, Tablets Labelling and Handover letters for Enumerators
- Support minor translations (English to Amharic or vice versa) on data collection materials
- Developing M&E Survey tracking cards and tracking forms for sampled Farmers
- Familiarise him/herself and make sure that the M&E SOPs and RASCI matrix for ET are adhered to.
- Actively check the stock of materials that we use in the office (Like printing paper, cartridges, and envelopes) to order before they run out of stock.
- Assist in collecting and arranging photocopies of attendance and other materials at the field as need be
- Support organizing transportation to send documents to and from the field.
- Any other duties assigned by the MEL Specialist.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Economics, Accounting and related fields with a minimum of 1-2 years experience in managing data
- Experience with computer programs related to data analysis including Excel.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Oral and written communication skills that is clear and concise in both English and Amharic.
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Willingness to travel to the field
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies Include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, and demonstrating sound judgment in escalating issues where
- Results-Oriented/High-Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business
How to Apply
- Register using THIS LINK