- Category: Accounting and Finance, Admin, Secretarial and Clerical
- Position: Project Cashier
- Location: Adama, Oromia
- Career Level: Junior Level (1+ – 2 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: Oct 21, 2023
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you
We are looking for a Cashier who will be responsible for receiving payments made to SOS CVE, depositing cash and cheques received to bank account, effecting cash and cheque payments as per the directives thereon. Further the cashier carries out the activities of journalizing, posting of income and expenditures, debit, and credit of various accounts timely and appropriately.
What we provide?
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
While working with us a Cashier you will be in charge of the following:
Priority tasks & responsibilities
- Reviews payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices.
- Reviews disbursement requests for accuracy, documentation and validity; effect payment to the right vendor from the right project.
- Reviews accounts on regular basis to ensure the balances are complete and accurate;
- Recording of all the project financial transactions into the SOS financial recording, meeting all submission dates, and reporting requirements as required by the immediate supervisor.
- Assures accuracy of supporting documentation for accounting records;
- Organizes and maintain accounting filling system;
- Follows-up on status with the Social Security (Pension) and Tax departments. Including depositing the checks and routine follow-up , registering new employees at Social Security (Pension) and Tax Departments;
- Prepares payroll and arranges timely payment of salaries.
- Follow-up and control payable and receivable accounts.
- Receives original transaction documents, checks completeness and correctness and passes them to immediate supervisor.
- Takes part in inventory taking and control of assets and stock items
- Assists the Location Finance Manager / Project Finance and Admin Officer in the Implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures and manual of the organization.
- Provide technical support to the project team and program location units in SOS Children’s Village Program Location in financial management related issues.
- Responsible to take part in awareness raising sessions and capacity building trainings in relation to Child Safeguarding to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
- Education : College Diploma in Accounting or similar discipline
- Experience: Two years’ relevant work experience
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Report writing skill
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service
- Ease of using computers with mastery on application soft wares such as MS Work, MS Windows, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in English language (both in writing and speaking)
- NGO experience is advantageous
SOS Value Based Competencies
- Role model: Act as a role model for the organization, living our values and inspiring and learning from others
- Collaboration: Remove barriers to participation, share decision making and build partnerships
- Empowerment: Promote inclusion and equitable sharing of power
- Strategic Thinking: Live the values and mission, setting realistic goals and translating them into actionable plan
- Kindness: Act with empathy towards everyone he/she works with.
- Continuous Learning: Make an effort to learn, understand, and grow as a person, admitting your own mistakes
- Inclusiveness: In any actions show respect and care for others.
- Initiative: Speak up when things are not right, do not hesitate to act, and adapt to change when necessary
- Results Orientation: Prioritize safeguarding, look for solutions and focus on desired results
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge..
Then send us your application (application letter, detailed CV containing contact detail of there references) electronically through SOS Children Villages Application portal (ICIMS)
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers & qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or class.