- Position: HR Intern
- Location: Hawassa
- Deadline: Oct 15, 2023
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
Duties of Human Resource intern
· Maintain personnel and confidential files for active and terminated employees
· Fill out employment and other HR forms
· Facilitate staff medical insurance
· Scanning, copying & archiving of all HR related documents.
· Answer the office phone and take calls or messages
· Assist in preparation for HR events and work the events as necessary (orientations, employee fair well, employee parties, etc.)
· Maintain a professional image
· Assist in other departments as needed
· Closely working with HR Officer & other HR team to support HR related issues.
· Any other HR related tasks as required and assigned.
· Standard work schedule of 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday
· Per diems for working and Accommodation outside of the duty office depending on the location
· Extra days of paid leaves for selected holidays
· Monthly mobile phone hybrid tariff
· PIN supports fast career growth and internal mobility
· Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings, including the Induction training
· Internal online learning opportunities, such as access to PIN’s e-learning platform and webinars
· Annual staff retreat
· Friendly and fair work environment with small collective where everyone knows each other
· Minimum BA degree in Management, Human Resource Management, Law other related social science fields of study from a recognized higher education institution
· Only Graduates of 2014 or 2015 E.C
· Only zero years of work experience required
· Good interpersonal communication skills
· Basic knowledge of Human Resource Management
· Organizational skills and attention to detail
· Good judgment regarding confidentiality and respect for sensitive materials
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Excellent knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English
· 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted.
How to Apply
· Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via the following link: Apply to HR Intern Position until October 16/2023.
· Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
· People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
· All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
· We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
· Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
· Women are strongly encouraged to apply.