- Category: Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Management
- Position: Finance Intern (2)
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: As per the organization scale
- Deadline: Sep 5, 2023
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s rights activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers, and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation of 21 organizations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity, and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults, and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
he post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
|OUR WORK IN ETHIOPIA|
Since the early 1970s, we have been working to address the underlying causes of poverty and marginalization by focusing on developing sustainable livelihoods, providing water and sanitation, agriculture, climate research, gender, and humanitarian issues.
To provide a professional, business-focused organizational development and Finance service, delivering a proactive solutions-based approach for resolving issues and ensuring that staff are effectively managed and developed to deliver organizational results, which are focused on developing capacity.
Objective of the Internship:
The internship program is designed to provide a unique professional development opportunity for fresh graduates. The program will help address the future workforce needs within Oxfam GB in particular and also aims to increase the role and participation of women. The program intends to recruit and onboard highly motivated individuals who have an interest in areas relevant to the organization in an internship program.
The Finance Intern will be delivering:
Finance records and filling system
- Maintain proper archiving of financial payment data.
- Track the pending payments.
- Follow-up signature- of authorized signatories
- Ensure the quality and integrity of the Finance filing system by keeping all Finance records, information, and files clearly labelled, organized chronologically, and kept confidential.
- Keep filing systems in which documents could be readily available and easily traced.
- Give attention to detailed accuracy and neatness in documentation.
- Perform financial duties in line with Oxfam GB Program, Personnel & Finance Regulations.
Follow-up and updating
- Monthly tracking of scanned files and tracking of in and out of documents from archiving
- Assist disposal of outdated financial document
Most importantly, every individual at Oxfam GB needs to be able to:
Live our values of INCLUSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, EMPOWERMENT, SOLIDARITY, COURAGE, AND EQUALITY
Equality: We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly and to have the same rights and opportunities.
Empowerment: We acknowledge and seek to expand people’s agency over their lives and the decisions that impact them.
Solidarity: We join hands, support, and collaborate across boundaries in working towards a just and sustainable world.
Inclusiveness: We embrace diversity and difference and value the perspectives and contributions of all people and communities in their fight against poverty and injustice.
Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and inaction and hold ourselves accountable to the people we work with and for.
Courage: We speak truth to power and act with conviction on the justice of our causes.
Ensure you commit to our THREE ORGANISATIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
|1. Be committed to equal opportunities: demonstrating sensitivity to cultural differences and gender equality.||2. Be willing to learn and apply gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity and inclusion across all aspects of your work.||3. Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.|
Ensure you actively ADOPT OXFAM’S FEMINIST LEADERSHIP APPROACH and apply the principles and twelve practices in your work. Read more about this here:
Read this guide to find out more about what our values, organisational attributes and feminist leadership approach mean for how we work
|For this role, we have selected two of the most relevant feminist Leadership practices for this role (which you can read more about here:1 Systems Thinking2 Mutual accountability3 Strategic Thinking and Judgment|
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree from a recognized University or College in Finance and Accounting, Management, Business Administration, or any other social studies areas that can bring added value to the post.
- Fresh graduates 2015 EC only with no experience
- Excellent communication skills as well as e-mail communication skills.
- Fast learner
- Strong desire to grow professionally.
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluent language skills (in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Energetic and able to grasp new ideas.
- Computer literate especially in Word and Excel.
How to Apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile through www.ethiojobs.net or using Oxfam’s internal /External application portal below on or before September 05, 2023.
Use this link to Apply: