- Position: Finance Intern
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Oct 4, 2023
Finance Intern – Addis Ababa at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Position: Finance Intern – Addis Ababa
Deadline: October, 05/2023
Eliminate Tuberculosis from Ethiopia (ETBE) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the goal of reducing TB incidence and mortality by improving the quality, access, utilization, and sustainability of TB services. This project builds on the work of previous USAID activities (Challenge TB, HEAL TB, TB Care, and others) that have been supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP) to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and STOP TB milestones. ETBE’s support focuses on improving access and utilization to quality and patient-centered comprehensive TB services.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit organization that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from Ministries to communities, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help and ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
While the main focus of the internship is to help the graduates gain professional skills and experiences in the areas of Finance and administration, the Intern will assume responsibilities in providing overall financial and administrative support to the MSH Finance unit. S/he will assist in training payments are made in accordance with MSH policy. Ensures that financial records are maintained in accordance with MSH policies and donor (USAID) rules and regulations. Collaborate with procurement, event management, and contract unit to ensure smooth conduct of activities held at the field. Based at the central office in Addis Ababa, provides both field and remote support to the regional offices.
- Collect required training/workshop documents from participants and trainers for payment preparation.
- Monitor smooth conduct of trainings/workshops in collaboration with the training coordinator such as ensuring availability of stationery materials, proper venue and hotel services are in place.
- Prepare training/workshop payment sheets and make them ready for review and bank payment.
- Collect vendor’s Cash Receipt Vouchers for hall rent, refreshment, and lodging payments.
- Make a follow-up with banks to ensure timely receipt of payments by payees
- Prepare Payment Vouchers, Journal Vouchers, and Deposit Vouchers.
- Assist in proper filing of financial documents such as labeling box files, put paid and cancellation stamps on vouchers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or a related business field from a recognized university is required.
- Preferably graduated within the past 2 years.
- Some professional experience in the areas of accounting is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and able to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office: MS-Excel & MS-word Ability to travel within the county up to 75% of the time.
- Good spoken and written English
- Amharic and other MSH working languages
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve the performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within the area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet the resource needs of MSH.
- Sr. Finance Accountant
How to Apply
Register using THIS LINK
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only Ethiopian national candidates can apply for the position. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and a work permit, as applicable.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.