- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance Intern
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: Jul 23, 2023
- Position: Finance Intern
- Reports to: Sr. Finance Manager
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- People Required: #1
Eliminate Tuberculosis from Ethiopia (ETBE) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the goal of reducing TB incidence and mortality by improving the quality, access, utilization, and sustainability of TB services. This project builds on the work of previous USAID activities (Challenge TB, HEAL TB, TB Care, and others) that have been supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP) to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and STOP TB milestones. ETBE’s support focuses on improving access and utilization to quality and patient-centred comprehensive TB services.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit organization that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from Ministries to communities, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help and ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
While the main focus of the internship is to help the graduates have gained a professional skills and experiences in the areas of Finance & Administration, the Intern will assume responsibilities in providing overall financial and administrative support to the MSH Finance unit. S/he will assist training payments are made in accordance with MSH policy. Ensures that financial records are maintained in accordance with MSH policies and donor (USAID) rules and regulations. Collaborate with procurement, event management, and contract unit to ensure a smooth conduct of activities are held at field. Based at central office Addis Ababa, provides both a field and remote support to the regional offices.
· Collect required training/workshop documents from participants and trainers for payment preparation.
· Monitor smooth conduct of trainings/workshop in collaboration with the training coordinator such as ensuring availability of stationery materials, proper venue and hotel services are in place.
· Prepare trainings/workshops payment sheets and make ready for review and bank payment.
· Collect vendor’s Cash Receipt Vouchers for hall rent, refreshment, and lodging payments.
· Make a follow up with banks to ensure timely receipt of payments by payees
· Prepare Payment Vouchers, Journal Vouchers, and Deposit Vouchers.
· Assist proper filing of financial documents such as labeling box files, put paid and cancellation stamp on vouchers.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned.
· Good spoken and written English
· Amharic and other MSH working languages
· Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism
· Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
· Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
· Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
· Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
· Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
· Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others.
· Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
· Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
· Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
· Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
· Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of MSH.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related business field from a recognized university is required.
- Preferably graduated within the past 2 years.
- Some professional experience in the areas of accounting is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and able to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Good computer skill in Microsoft office: MS-Excel & MS-word
- Ability to travel within county up to 75% of the time.
Only Ethiopian national candidates can apply for the position. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to visit the link below to apply through the system:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn’t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Application Dead line is July 23/2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.