- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: As per the salary Band/scale of VSO Ethiopia
- Deadline: Jul 31, 2023
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Provide grant financial coordination and for IPDHE project and other VSO Ethiopia projects by donor financial reporting, financial reconciliations, budget analysis, income accounting ad donor compliance reporting, ensuring compliance to VSO policies, quality assurance standards, donor requirements, and local legislations.
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
- VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Contract type: Fixed Term
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 31 Jul 2023
Interview date: The first week of August to be confirmed
Start date: 1-sep-2023
Competencies and Behaviour
- Fully Qualified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (ACCA) license.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience in grant finance with good knowledge and skills in technical accounting and financial management of restricted donor funding, reporting, procurement procedure, grant management, grant equipment and donor rules and regulations for non-profit organisations.
- Experience of coordinating financial grant size of (GBP250-500K per annum) and donor requirements preferably for ADA and or other donors FCDO, UN, USAID, EU.
- Skills in building and managing relationships with stakeholder centred approach, ,
- Partner financial capacity building skills and experience.
- Good engagement and collaboration with ability to work in multi-cultural project team in a network way of working in a global organisation.
- Good IT literacy (Microsoft, Zoom, project management, people management software). including accounting and reporting packages and especially Excel, Finance System, SUN systems, Q&A XL skills and experience
- Good verbal and written communications in English and local languages with Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
Desired selection criteria
- Working experience in INGOs sector
- Knowledge and certification in project management (PMD Pro)
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the link: https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/project-finance-and-grant-coordinator-ipdhe-a0m3z00000giiuwaap