- Position: Administrative Associates I
- Job Time: Full-Time
- Job Type: Contract
- Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
- Salary: Birr 21,745 per month
- Application Deadline: August, 25/2023
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Administrative Associate I to provide finance and administrative services through effective recording, control and delivery of documents, management of VAT applications and other office operational activities.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
- Receives, records and distributes finance documents to the respective staff. Ensures that documents are fully approved and supported as per the ILRI authorization matrix;
- Distributes cheque to staff and suppliers checking the receipts provided are correct and contain all the relevant information;
- Maintaining logs of administrative requests, issuing timely reminders on uncompleted administrative tasks and identifying bottlenecks for timely support;
- Shares a monthly report on all tasks assigned and highlight any patterns for appropriate action to be taken;
- Receiving and assisting customers, setting appointments and responding to customer’s queries;
- Recording customers’ requests and follow-up in the absence of the responsible staff;
- Ordering from stores and safeguarding stationery for finance departments;
- Coordinating local and international travel, meetings, workshops and conference logistics and verifying related hotel, housing, and catering expenses reports, including invitation lists, etc.;
- Liaising with all ILRI administrative Units, Research programs, projects and supports units as required to deal with Finance matters;
- Assists visitors on general administrative matters, provides advice and ensures administrative support as required;
Process VAT claim from Inland Revenue Authority:
- Extracts from the system and prepares the VAT claims from every end of the month just after closing of books;
- Organizes all the appropriate documentation from the payment vouchers attached i.e. receipts, invoices and others;
- Checks if the monthly claims prepared are agreeable with the ledger balance;
- With a covering note passes it to the Finance Manager I – General Accounting for review and checking;
- Registers the approved claim on the register book and submit to the Inland Revenue Authority;
- Follows up with the inland revenue department for settlement;
Creditor Invoices/Expense Claim Authorizations:
- Reviews invoices and other expense claims as they are delivered;
- Resolves invoice and other claims discrepancies;
- Provides the first check for payment authorization;
- Maintaining the Finance database and record keeping;
- Storing, arranging, indexing and classifying various financial records;
- Maintaining a database of suppliers and other external customers’ contacts;
- Overseeing the management of electronic and/or paper-based information;
- Responding to internal and/or external information inquiries;
- Reviewing and documenting records management resources;
- Ensures sensitive information is kept confidential;
- Filling finance documents & retrieving documents during Audit;
- Maintaining and updating a proper filing system for the Unit documents;
- Perform any other related duties as may be required.
- Diploma in office management, accounting, finance or relevant field
- Knowledge in relevant fields and proficiency in the use of simple tools
- Two years of relevant experience
- Computer skills, including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Grade: HG 10
Minimum Base Salary: Birr 21,745 per month (negotiable depending on the salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a National Staff (NS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes a very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, an offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus in Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on-site.
How to apply
Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae.
The position and reference number: REF: AA/F/18/23 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications are to be submitted online on our recruitment portal using the below apply button on or before 25 August 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.