- Category: Accounting and Finance, Admin, Secretarial and Clerical
- Position: Administrative Assistant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: Competitive/monthly – Will be determined upon hire
- Deadline: Jul 17, 2023
Ayudare Water Drilling is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
Executes administrative tasks determined by Manager by performing the following duties located at the Office building in Kebena, Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Work under the guidance of the Manager: including maintenance of records of contracts and communication; assisting in the preparation and finalization of reports, emails, invoices and other documents.
- Support the Manager in reporting financial and activity progress, ensuring timely submission of reports in accordance with company quality assurance systems.
- Provide administrative support to the Company, including calendar management and maintain the contact list database.
- Undertake other tasks as necessary and agreed with the Manager
- Maintain clear and up-to-date filing system for all documents, including contracts, invoices, receipts, correspondence, staffing records etc., and archive files when appropriate.
- Make logistical arrangements as required, including travel bookings, visa applications, security clearance for travel to high risk areas and arranging for effective briefing of travelers prior to departure.
- Prepare and fullfil the pre-drilling documents, including the collection of the pictures and the water analysis for the final report.
- Prepare and development the security, hygiene and environment Company policies.
- Coordinate and follow the maintenance of all the machinery of the Company.
- Ensure good collaboration and communication with the suppliers and customers.
- In all activities, the individual will adhere to the spirit and ethics of Company.
- Provide financial support to the accountancy, tax payment and collate monthly cash flow forecast and accounts.
- Provide support in the purchase of the Company: Searching for preforms, materials and services for the Company.
- Process invoices and expense claims.
- Directs preparation of records such as agendas, notices, minutes, etc. of meetings.
- Composes and prepares confidential correspondences, reports, and other complex documents.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Coordinates translation of documents with outside sources.
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned.
To perform the duties of the position successfully, the incumbent should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills – Should be familiar with all office equipment’s including the latest state of the art equipment; Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others, etc.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to management needs; Coordinates and meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality.
Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings/ Must be fluent in speaking in Amharic and English as well in grammar or both Amharic and English
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively in Amharic and English; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs. Present numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities and prioritize as necessary; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; etc.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values, etc.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments, etc.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time, etc.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan and works independently as needed.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed, etc.
Admin, Finance and Management
- Bachelor Degree
- Having an experience in finance knowledge is a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Outlook Spreadsheet and Microsoft Word Processing Software.
Career Level: Junior Level 0+ – 2 years’ experience)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why you are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
The cover letter can be written in Amharic or English.
Please include the name of the position and location on the subject of the email. Candidates who didn’t follow the procedure will be rejected automatically.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and practical exam
Deadline for applications: Monday 17thof July, 2023.