- Position: Finance Officer – Treasury
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Sep 27, 2023
Position: Finance Officer – Treasury
Term Of Employment: One Year With A Possibility Of Extension
Duty Station(S): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Application Deadline: September 28, 2023
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Institute (ATI) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government Institute created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATI envisions to be the leading center of innovative solutions for the transformation of Ethiopian Agriculture by 2030.
The Institute focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, Sidama, South-West, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated, and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATI, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The role of a Finance Officer-Treasury comprises of maintaining financial records of the organization and preparing reports based on relevant information in a way so as maximize profits for the organization. The Finance Officer-Treasury is responsible for supervising over the treasury including, assessing the net capital available and the liabilities of the organization from its respective bank accounts.
- Monitor the rate and nature of flow of cash, both inward and outwards, as incurred by the organization.
- Administer the financial records, files of disbursement, and cash flow statements.
- Ensure proper entry of details in bank statements, and determine resultant available cash and/or dues at each step, such that the state of treasury can be properly assessed at any point of time.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements.
- Participate in various audits and study financial reports thoroughly, in a way that helps determine the possession – assets and liabilities, of the organization as a whole.
- Clarification regarding financial aspects from bank, client group, or partner organization, or confirmation of bank statements, etc.
- Management of system databases and files that contain information related to the organization’s treasury.
- Payroll preparation/review.
- Ensure fixed assets register and inventories are secure and records updated quarterly.
- Code and post payment vouchers.
- Prepare month-end reconciliation and review monthly bank balances,
- Supervise the input of transactions and maintain and reconcile the General Ledger.
- Liaise between external auditors, internal auditors and the rest of the Finance team.
- Review payment requests for compliance to EATA requirements, and coding of expenditures and ensure documentation is complete.
- Prepare direct payment requests to Donors and partners.
- Support Senior Finance Officer in ensuring EATA and Government policy & procedures are implemented and minimum financial standards are achieved.
- Assist in analyzing and verifying various transactional issues and statements
- Play a support role in the annual budgeting process.
- Coordinate all project and statutory audits.
- Supervise tasks assigned to other associates and assistants of the department.
- Supervise Banking and liaison person with the Bank.
- Maintain day-to-day control over financial and accounting operational processes to ensure complete and accurate processing of financial data in accordance with established procedures.
- Work with relevant staff in order to develop and maintain an effective budget monitoring and reporting system.
- Monitor utilization of specific allocations within budgetary limits and prepare budget component based reports, including Donor reports.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the Senior Finance Officer.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting and Finance field of study with 4 years or 2 years relevant experience respectively.
- Computer knowledge, MS Office (Excel, Word, particularly QuickBooks, etc.).
- Knowledge of local laws of the country.
- Willing to work long hours and ability to work with other teams.
- Commitment to ATI values performs other tasks as instructed by Senior Finance Officer.
- Fluency in Amharic and proficiency in English.
How to Apply
We Invite All Candidates Meeting The Required Qualifications To Submit (I) A Cover Letter And (Ii) A CV (Maximum 5 Pages) To THIS LINK
Please DO NOT Submit Scans Of Certificates With Your Application.
Women Are Highly Encouraged To Apply.
Only Short-Listed Candidates Will Be Contacted.