- Category: Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Management
- Position: Internship
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: As per GIZ scale
- Deadline: Sep 12, 2023
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#155/2023’
GIZ Country Office
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
The GIZ Office in Addis Ababa oversees projects in Ethiopia and Djibouti where GIZ works on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the German Federal Ministry of Nutrition and Agriculture (BMEL) and other commissioning parties.
The finance department of GIZ Country office Addis Ababa ensures that all financial transactions are executed and reported timely, correctly, and according to GIZ’s rules and regulations. It is also responsible for insuring smooth fund flow from the GIZ country office to programs and projects. The department oversees handling the opening, closing and signatory adjustment of bank accounts. It also liaises with HQ and recipients of financial agreements concluded in Germany in terms of effecting installment payments, follow-up settlements and report to headquarter.
The Finance department is looking for an intern who has a finance educational background.
Contract end date: 30.03.2024
Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team
- Supports in Accounting and administrative activities of finance unit.
- Prepare internal transaction or adjustment vouchers for settling advances and correcting wrong bookings, whenever necessary
- Ensure that processed vouchers are all invalidated and labelled according to GIZ’s regulation before sending to Archive or Projects.
- Support in the scanning process of accounting documents and uploading to the accounting system.
- Support in the preparation of Payment Vouchers, letters to the bank and internal vouchers.
- Support the audit preparation of the office and provision of required vouchers during the audit.
- Assist in any other finance related tasks as required and assigned.
General services/Other duities
- Complies with GIZ Process and Rules and the GIZ Ethiopia National Personnel Policy
- Return office payment vouchers intact after using them for reference to the archive.
- Perform other duties and tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader, whenever necessary
- Participation in finance team meetings.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- BA degree in Accounting and Finance, Business administration or related fields.
- Fresh graduate, no occupational experience.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Knowledge of English language both in speaking and writing.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (E-mail, internet, and computer applications such as MS Office)
- Strong interpersonal and service skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their recent CV via Email: [email protected].
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Internship #155/2023_Your Full Name’ in the subject line of your email application.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.