- Position: Finance Fellow
- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
- Deadline: Sep 2, 2023
The American Friends Service Committee is a Religious Society of Friends founded organization working for peace and social justice in the United States and around the world. AFSC was founded in 1917 as a combined effort by American members of the Religious Society of Friends to assist civilian victims of World War I.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle cash and check payments at the office.
- Ensure that all entries are properly documented, and all transactions are backed up with complete required documentation that is properly dated and signed.
- Maintain bank and cash transaction journal book daily.
- Prepare check request vouchers and payment vouchers ensuring that all supporting documents are completed before payment.
- Prepare and send weekly and monthly plans of cash requirement
- Responsible for custody of cash in the office and cash disbursements.
- Ensures that backup documentation for cash disbursements is duly approved and on file prior to making cash payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 1 year of work experience in sound cash management and/or NGO work experience is preferable.
- Active knowledge of English language writing and speaking.
- Proficiency in financial software, MS Excel, and MS Word as well as a good grasp of Internet and email communication.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Very detail-oriented
- Ability to work with staff at all levels.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the link: https://www.dereja.com/jobs/finance_fellowamerican_friends_service2023-08-25_12:07:05