- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Junior Level (1+ – 2 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: TBC
- Deadline: Aug 4, 2023
- Department: Finance
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Direct Hierarchy: Finance Officer
- Contract type: Fixed
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Number of positions: One (1)
- Start Date: ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Finance Assistant position in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
To perform transparent, true and as per ACTED procedures all the Addis Ababa petty cash payments, ensure a good filling and document tracking and assist the finance department in monthly internal reporting (TITANIC) as well as field finance staff in their day-to-day duties.
The Finance Assistant shall be responsible for:
- Performing all the finance documentation at country level (until training of field staff)
- Performing petty cash management
Specific responsibilities include:
- Accounting :
- Responsible for all Excel Cash Book entries according to ACTED Standard entry grid.
- Responsible for crosscheck of allocation as per purchase order.
- Responsible for accounting codes accuracy in cash/bank books and payment vouchers according to ACTED Standard entry grid
- Crosscheck all documentation are in line with ACTED compliance procedures
- Responsible for petty cash box payment and holder of petty cash box key during the day
- Responsible for daily Cash Counts.
- Responsible for preparation of Weekly and Monthly Cash Counts for Finance Manager’s approval (Cash Checking Statement)
- Payment Procedure :
- Responsible for payment execution at Capital Level (according to ACTED payment procedures) i.e statutory and other payments (WHT, pension, medical insurance etc)
- Responsible of preparing payment voucher for approval by Finance Manager before payment is processed
- Responsible for checking that no supportive documentation or signature are missing before releasing payments
- Ensure all advances are cleared for the staff before paying the salary
- Filling :
- Responsible for checking of all finance vouchers for Addis Ababa (other fields as well for now).
- Responsible for country-wide timesheet follow up signing and archiving
- Responsible for archiving of all finance vouchers for the whole country (for now).
- FU :
- Responsible to update the Contract follow up on daily basis for Addis Ababa
- Perform any other task assigned by the manager.
The employee works under the functional subordination of the Accounting officer.
· Degree/Higher Diploma preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field and two years’ experience in working with International NGOs in the similar level.
· Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships
· Excellent communication skills, personable and articulate
· Fluent in written and spoken Amharic and English.
· Keen to detail and accuracy required and willing to learn
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player
How to Apply
Qualified Ethiopia national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 04th August 2023 with the subject line “Finance Assistant– Addis Ababa, Ethiopia”
Do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that ACTED reserves the right to shortlist on ongoing basis. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.