- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance Officer
- Location: Mekele, Tigray
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: 420.12 to 507.97 Euro
- Deadline: Jul 15, 2023
We are here for our neighbors in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a: Finance Officer
ZOA’s programme in Ethiopia
ZOA works in several regions in Ethiopia: Gambella Regional State (field office in Gambella Town), Somali Regional State (field office in Dolo Ado and Melkadida refugee camp), Tigray Regional State (field office in Shire and Mekelle), Oromia Regional State (field office in Harar), Amhara and Addis Ababa. In Ethiopia, ZOA works with Internally Displaced People (IDPs), host populations, persons with disabilities, returnees, and a large population of refugees who fled a combination of violence and drought in Somalia, South Sudan and Eritrea.
What we offer
ZOA offers a challenging position with a lot of responsibilities. We offer good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector (including, but not limited to: medical, accident and life insurances, provident fund, training options).
|With a focus on supporting ZOA Ethiopia’s Tigray Region field office and operations, the Finance Officer ensures quality and timely internal and external (donor) financial reporting. He/she is responsible for ensuring ZOA’s financial compliance with local laws, regulations, internal and donor policies and procedures, consolidating and monitoring regional activities, performing quality financial management analysis for decision support and providing gap filling for key finance positions in country offices. S/he will proactively work with ZOA colleagues on key issues and opportunities and find and implement solutions at the country and regional level.|
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Control:
- Perform quality reviews and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports related to specific projects and ZOA Ethiopia’s Regional Offices;
- Perform comprehensive reviews of Project and Regional Office financial reports to include performance analysis in the following areas: balance sheet, income statement, cash, grants/contracts, unrestricted and general contributions, actual expenses vs. budget, forecasting and budgeting, adequacy of adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and ZOA’s financial procedures;
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Director of Operations, Head of Finance, Compliance Coordinator to improve effectiveness in ZOA Ethiopia’s financial management, particularly at regional office and project level;
- In collaboration with colleagues in ZOA Ethiopia’s Finance and Operations Department identify and implement preventive and corrective actions to address issues found during the reviews;
- Support the Regional Offices in financial management of projects, including cash management, budgeting and forecasting, as well as implementing responses to audit findings and trouble shooting in finance and accounting;
- Ensure management of budget is consolidated by Regional Offices according to ZOA’s internal processes, and ensure that overviews of the Regional Office financial outlook are provided in a timely and accurate manner to ZOA Ethiopia’s country office;
- Provide assistance to Regional Offices in the preparation of their operational and donor budget and forecasting;
- Provide support to the Regional Office to ensure that all financial records and backup documentation are archived according to ZOA’s procedures and readily available for audits;
- Assist in preparation and review donor financial reports for submission;
- Provide support for statutory and project-based audits;
- Perform periodic analysis in capacity of finance staff in Regional Offices in finance and accounting and recommend appropriate actions to address any gap in skills;
- Assess Regional Office staffs’ ability to perform satisfactorily in financial management and to meet ZOA performance standards;
- Ensure all Regional Offices have updated copies of ZOA policy and procedures.
- Responsible for Grant coding and compliance assurance.
- Prepare indirect cost allocation and pass the necessary journal entries.
- Communicate transaction list to grant leads.
- Prepare Cash flow request and communicate to country office within set deadline.
Your Total Rewards package at ZOA
Competitive salaries and financial security – we know how important these are to you and your family.
- Salaries that match the local market and we pay you in EUR.
- Annual salary review based on the cost of living in your location/Ethiopia.
- Annual Salary increase based on annual performance review
- Transportation allowance: ETB 5,000 per month.
- Airtime Allowance: We provide data and airtime to enable you to conduct your work outside of the office.
- we provide a closed user group so you can speak to your colleagues at no cost.
- Food Allowance: we provide lunch daily at our offices, ZOA pays 600 ETB per month and staff contribute 400 ETB per month.
- Severance payment: one month’s salary for an extra service year.
- Hardship Allowance: If you are working in identified places as a remote and hazardous by the government, you will be entitled 20-40% additional allowances of their basic salary. Therefore, we provide 40% hardship allowance to ZOA employees working in Gambella, Dollo Ado and Shire field offices.
- Transfer Allowance: We provide transfer allowance of 10,000 ETB If, in case of you permanently shift or transfer to a new programme area.
3. Paid Leave
We recognize you have priorities outside of work.
- Our flexible paid time off package gives you the flexibility you need.
- Annual Leave: 20 days of annual leave in addition to public holidays, and you are also granted one extra day for each extra full year. Enhanced Maternity Leave provision, 4 monthsPaternity Leave 5 working days.Rest and Recuperation (R&R): We provide you 5 working days for every consecutive 12 weeks of work R&R leave to unaccompanied staff who work away from their permanent place of residence to spend time with their family. Therefore, ZOA provides R&R leave for its employees who work in the program offices in Somali, Gambela, and Tigray regions.
- Provident Fund + Pension: : 32% (22% from ZOA and 10% from You. Life insurance Medical Insurance: We also covers your dependents, and your medical expenditures are covered by ZOA up to 100% of each invoice, up to a defined maximum refunded amount of Br 200,000 ETB per annum.
- We care about your health and wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive health package and initiatives to support your wellbeing.
- Covid-19: free vaccination and PCR test
- We have established a social committee in every region.
Learning & Development
- Professional development programme and support with funding for a relevant qualification.
- Study/exam leaves
- Training and coaching module
Educational Qualification and Experience:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a proven ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity and commitment to ZOA’s mission; proactive, hands-on and confident communicator who will work with finance colleagues in ZOA Ethiopia;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management or similar and advanced university degree in Finance required;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as finance officer and Its preferable INGO experience.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on program financial performance;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- The candidate must be detail-oriented and able to work independently;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations.
- Fluency in English required – ability to communicate in local languages ( Somali) a strong asset.
- Sufficient knowledge and proven skills of using financial computer system software & programs
Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results in line with ZOA core values;
- Good knowledge of CHS and capacitate partners to work in adherence to CHS;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
- Creates a managerial environment in-country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self;
- Widely shares personal vision for ZOA, engages and motivates others;
Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, members, donors and partners;
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- Willing to take calculated risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency;
- Always acts in the best interests of children.
How to Apply
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via Ethiojobs.net.
CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Please note that, as part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out background and reference checks for all candidates. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).
“Women are highly encouraged to apply for the position”
Also we reserve the right to stop accepting applications before the end date if we find a suitable candidate.