- Category: Accounting and Finance, Development and Project Management, Economics
- Position: Food Monitoring Officer
- Location: Emergency Responses Camps, Gambela
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Contract
- Deadline: Aug 22, 2023
- Conduct regular live food distribution observations to monitor compliance of food distribution process to donor/WFP/ agreed standards. Based on monitoring findings and observations, continuously work with field level staff to attain a higher and full level of compliance.
- Conduct regular commodity end use check in its designated woredas after the completion of each food distribution round to check and verify beneficiaries have received their entitlements as per the determined rations sizes and verify other relevant information on WFP food beneficiaries.
- Undertake regular warehouse inspection in its designated WFP target woredas secondary warehouses to check and ensure higher level of Compliance to donor and Consortium level standards in warehouse management.
- Review relevant food transaction documents to check and provide feedback on practice of standard recording and documentation and reconciliation between different commodity transaction recording documents.
- Check and ensure if control procedures are adequate at each stage of WFP food handling and distribution process to prevent corruption and misappropriation.
- Host and conduct joint food monitoring with WFP Food Monitoring staff and take the prime responsibility to follow up and close findings at field level by actively working with WFP field office staff; particularly WFP Focal person and communicate all food monitoring process’ to WFP compliance officer at HO.
- Actively engage in teamwork at Hub and HO level by closely working with Regional FR Manager, Information & Reporting officers and WFP compliance Officer.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification.
- BA/BSc Degree in social science fields such as Development studies, Agriculture, Economics, Accounting and other related fields
Required Professional Experience
- Experience: 2 – 3 years’ experiences on food assistance projects
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Ability to perform field assignments and willingness to travel for long period of time in difficult terrain, harsh and demanding conditions.
- Computer literacy is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should follow the below application link to apply.
World Vision is a child-focused organization that is committed to safeguarding all children as well as adult beneficiaries and has zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Therefore, World Vision does not hire staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults, even if their role does not interact directly with them.
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.