|Salary||ETB 989,950.00 Annual Salary|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date||18 Oct 2023|
|Interview date||09 -Nov-2023|
|Position:||Finance & Operations Manager|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
The Finance & Operations Manager will provide overall technical support in the management of grants, responsible for ensuring compliance with VSO policies, donor rules and regulations,
legal and regulatory requirements. This will include overseeing the overall compliance in procurement and operations, conducting staff capacity building on grants and reporting and working in collaboration with other staff to produce high-quality and timely donor reports.
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information
Contract type : Fixed Term
Full Time : 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date : 18 Oct 2023
Interview date : 09 -Nov-2023
Start date : 01-Jan-2024
Ideal Applicant Summary
Competencies and Behavior
- strong technical accounting skills. with knowledge of financial management of restricted donor funding, reporting, procurement procedures, grant management, and donor rules and regulations.
- Experience of capacity building with demonstrating clear results
- Strong leadership experience in budget management, financial planning, and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of internal financial controls, project audits, and year-end procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- Experience in Financial Business Partnering with a service-oriented, customer-focused approach.
- Experience in identifying and analyzing financial risks.
- Strong experience and skill in leading procurement and fleet management
- Financial and IT Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly. Use of accounting software and reporting packages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through: https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/finance-and-operation-manager-a0mq20000003vd3iai
Join Our Telegram if You did not join it Already
Stay in Touch and follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates for the Latest opportunities: Facebook Page
Interested applicants can apply before the closing date of the application. For more information please read the full article
Deadline: Oct 18, 2023
For more jobs, please click here