- Accounting and Finance
- Addis Ababa
- Position: Account Receivable Specialist
- Deadline: May 24, 2023
Key Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance
- SAP system Experience will be added advantage
- Excellent and strong business communication and business partnering skill to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and advanced excel skill incl. PowerPoint presentation
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Main Job Purpose
The job holder is accountable for assisting and supporting the credit controller on the entire credit granting & collection process through the consistent application of the company’s credit policy, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- Assist in the setting up of the credit control system: Assessing customer’s credit worthiness and deciding whether to offer the credit including, Setting up terms & Conditions of credits
- Daily monitoring of Unilever’s Bank Accounts & responsible for posting of each Key Distributors (KDs) deposits in SAP system.
- Preparing Cash Receipt Voucher (CRV) for each deposit made by Key Distributors & subsequent disbursement.
- Also, responsible for collecting and posting of Withholding Tax Receipt from Distributors.
- Maintain proper master record & filing of all Withholding Tax, Checks, Bank Guarantees to ensure traceability on requirement.
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with company’s credit policies and country regulations
- Meet cash collection, Over drafts & debtors day targets set by the company.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquires.
- Providing Ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
- Regular liaison with KD Finance team, Field team and customers so that credit issues are resolved smoothly, and customers are paying on time in full.
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Chase Overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales and maintain accurate records of all.
- Identifying changes in payment trends, or risks related and propose actions to avert indebtedness
- If a customer has defaulted on payment, then making sure right actions are taken as per policy incl. stopping supply and informing credit Controller, Leadership & Legal Team on strategies to make sure recovery is possible.
- Sending customer statements and ensuring monthly account reconciliations are signed off
- Support in developing the credit management capability within the practice & Drive simplification of processes in credit control area
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the above criteria can submit their non-returnable CVs before the application deadline though this link: Account Receivable Specialist