- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Short Term Accounting and Administrative Service
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Junior Level (1+ – 2 years experience)
- Employment Type: Seasonal
- Deadline: Aug 4, 2023
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
GAIN Ethiopia would like to hire fulltime individual service provider/consultant to fill the gap during ongoing recruitments in the finance team and deliver required seasonal financial deliverables expected during the current peak period. The specific objectives are:
- To support the finance team in facilitating an annual external audit process.
- To assist the operation department in overall finance and administrative tasks for the stated period of time.
Scope of Work
The service provider will be expected to work full-time for the duration of three months and will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare financial documents for processing payments and settlements of advances.
- Assist in physical check of office inventory.
- Assist in managing of GAIN’s filing system.
- Assist in reviewing of documents from regional office.
- Assist in filing and arranging Finance and Administration documents.
- Assist in scanning and filing of financial documents.
- Assist the finance team in collecting advices, checks and statements from the bank.
- Assist in maintaining monthly update of scanned documents to the online storage space.
- Support the finance team in processing payments, settlements of advances and preparation of bid analysis.
- Cross-check processed documents to see the required and necessary items as per a given checklist.
- The service provider will be expected to perform other additional administrative, finance and logistical assistance as required.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance with relevant minimum of two years’ experience in accounting service preferable in nongovernmental organizations.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communications skill.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and resourceful finding solutions to complex problems.
Skills & Attributes
- Good working computer knowledge with proficiency in basic office software specially MS Office Excel and Word.
- Committed, willingness to take initiative and willing to work under pressure.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff
- Good organizational skills
- Good in spoken and written English
- Be honest, ethical and dedicated.
- Be pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Be reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
- Give attention to details in completing assigned tasks.
How to Apply
Interested individual service providers/consultants should submit Application and CV according to the following details:
- An electronic copy of Application letter, CV and supporting documents in PDF format to[email protected]
- No need of attaching supporting documents like educational credentials and experience certificates at this stage.
- The applicant should submit her/his financial proposal which clarify the expected cost for a monthly service fee which should be including withholding tax.
- Deadline for application is August 4, 2023
- Late application will not be accepted.
Please make sure you mentioned ‘Application for Accounting and Administrative Service’ on the subject line of your email application.