- Position: Graduate Management Trainee
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Aug 21, 2023
SAMANU is a platform company with well-established brands operating in Ethiopia’s main FMCG sub-sectors (Tena Edible Oils, 555 and Aura Soap & Detergents, and Chef Luca wheat products). The investment by Norfund will fund the construction of a new solvent extraction plant to produce edible oils based on locally sourced sesame, sunflower and soya beans in its refineries. By reducing the dependency on imported raw materials, the investment aims to create jobs in value-addition and increase Ethiopia’s food security. The completion of a vertical integration project will also allow for increased export opportunities within the sectors the company already operates.
Currently SAMANU imports raw sunflower oil, mostly from Eastern Europe, and refines and packages it locally. With the new investment, it will construct a solvent extraction plant that will allow it to produce raw oil from locally-grown sunflowers. In addition, the company will also extract oil from domestically-produced soya beans and sesame.
- BA degree in Marketing, Management and other business related fields.
- Fresh graduate
Responsible for working alongside managers and accepting delegated responsibilities and duties with the goal of eventually becoming a permanent employee in a selected department, the management trainee will have a comprehensive training which will include duties in several departments such as Finance, Marketing, Sales, Human Resources, M & A/ Legal and Supply/ logistics. The ideal candidate will be open to learning new things, not afraid to take chances, and interested in learning every aspect of running this company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in different departments to gain perspective, including marketing, sales, finance, purchasing, human resources, and M & A/ Legal departments.
- Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business.
- Meet performance (SMART) goals and objectives set by upper management and determined upon accepting the position
- Report on the progress of goals and objectives
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties
- Provide support as needed in the various departments, including reporting, data-entry, presentation creation, strategic planning, customer service as needed
- Attend periodic evaluations.
- Achieve a passing score in all areas of the management training program in order to continue in the program.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving.
- Oral/Written Communications skill in English and Amharic.
- Information Technology Application.
- Professionalism/Work Ethic.
- Career driven.
- Open to learn
- A good listener
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Application deadline: Aug 21, 2023
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above-required qualifications are invited to send their CV through: [email protected]
Please title your application with subject line: -“Management Trainee”
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.