- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: Jul 30, 2023
Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
Palladium International, LLC is implementing the $250 Million, 5-year USAID CATALYZE contract which offers a facilitated partnership model that will craft solutions to crowd in $2 Billion in blended finance (i.e., blended concessional and commercial finance) to USAID partner countries; it can work in any development sector or region. Launched in October 2019, CATALYZE is a buy-in mechanism that allows USAID Bureaus and Missions to efficiently deploy investment facilitation solutions that respond to the needs of specific sectors, issues, and geographies.
USAID CATALYZE Market Systems for Growth (MS4G) focuses on creating transformative outcomes in the food security and WASH sectors to benefit all Ethiopian people. To achieve these goals, the activity engages youth, mobilizes capital, increases access to finance, connects enterprises to markets, and supports stakeholders to self-advocate towards policy change which will promote opportunities for the private sector community. The project supports activities in Addis Ababa and secondary cities.
To strengthen the private sector in the food security and WASH sectors, MS4G uses a market-based approach to enhance enterprises’ performance, product/service delivery, and inclusion. The activities are designed to build institutional capacity, enhance knowledge and skill transfers through workforce development initiatives, advance the business enabling environment, accelerate digital transformations and scale best practices to increase productivity and quality.
The position is based in Palladium’s Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Office
You and Your Career:
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have, we are interested in hearing from you.
We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
The Finance Assistantwill report to the CATALYZE: MS4G Finance Manager. S/he will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities of MS4G Finance Assistantinclude, but are not limited to:
Manages day to day finance operations, including implementing Palladium and USAID policies, procedures and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising with bank on all banking issues.
- Complete donor financial reporting, track spending, and supports the Finance Manager.
- Prepare check payments/bank transfers for advances approved by the budget holders and supported by the necessary documents.
- Assist staff on travel advances request and settlement process.
- Follow up on travel liquidation timely
- Assist on preparation of payroll related taxes.
- Make sure that all government taxes & other obligations are deducted & assist on the payment process.
- Assist on requests for VAT reimbursement with USAID per the established procedure.
- Handle petty cash funds according to Palladium petty cash policy and always keep petty cash funds in a safe box.
- Count a petty cash funds with a person assigned by the Finance Manager at the end of every month and makes reconciliation.
- Works closely with the Finance Manager to complete the monthly closing of books.
- Checks the payments submitted by sub-grantees and vendors on daily basis.
- Scan & upload finance documents into share point
- Perform other duties which are in line with the scope of the position as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success, and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Key Competencies Required:
- Demonstrated knowledge and effective application of USAID regulations and procedures.
- Intermediate experience of Microsoft Excel
Professional Expertise Required:
- Bachelors’ degree or professional qualifications in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- Minimum four years of experience supporting finance and administrative activities for USAID-funded programs or donors of similar size and complexity.
- Knowledge of US government regulations for USAID funded NGO is preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time.
- Very good computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: