- Position: Junior Network Engineer/ IT Support
- Job Time: Full-Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Posted date: 1 week ago
- Deadline: October, 17/2023
Micro Sun and Solutions plc (MSS) is a system integrator company. It is currently engaged and provides services for the Educational Sector, Government, Banking, Insurance, Private sectors, Large Corporations, Telecom, Hotel industry, and Media Sector. MSS is seeking a Junior Network Engineer to design, implement and maintain network infrastructure for existing and upcoming clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for giving support, preparing a design, and implementing network solutions that will ensure client satisfaction. and also work on preparing a tender document under the supervision of senior staff.
- Providing customers with IT support via desktop solutions, emails, and calls.
- Assisting customers with account setup and application installations.
- Ensuring optimal application functionality by configuring networks.
- Troubleshooting IT issues by asking customers targeted questions.
- Providing customers with step-by-step guidance to resolve technical problems.
- Following up on technical queries and providing prompt feedback.
- Prioritizing customer queries and escalating severe technical issues to Reporting personnel.
- Documenting error reports and monitoring performance metrics.
- Compiling IT instruction manuals and useful IT support resources.
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
- A strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- Preparing tender documents
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Experience level 1-2 years of experience
- BSC degree in Computer Science/ Information technology/software & Electrical engineering
- Strong knowledge of network hardware and software, including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and SNMP.
- Relevant industry certifications such as CCNA, CompTIA, and other certificates.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who fulfill the above-stated requirements must attach copies of their credentials, CV, and application letter via email to [email protected] and cc [email protected]
For further information, you may call on Tel no. 011-550-9040/41