- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance Officer
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
- Deadline: Jul 14, 2023
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
Under general supervision of the Accounts Manager; the Finance Officer records and posts financial data; participates in the preparation of financial statements and in implementing accounting systems; keeps up-to-date pertinent records of the books of accounts; participates in budget preparation; records funding sources of employees; performs reconciliation of bank statements.
- Properly codes and records expenditure, income and any other related transactions in the books of accounts;
- Checks all clinic receipt, invoices and petty cash payments and post to SUN
- Checks summary of bi-weekly transactions received from Area offices for having complete supporting documents and proper coding of account code, funder, activity and donor line codes and post to SUN
- Maintains debtors and creditors accounts in SUN with proper allocation of balances
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation.
- Verifies payroll and other regular payment transactions with due consideration to deductions (advance, loan….) and record in to SUN.
- Responds to Auditors queries and enquiries and prepares schedules as and when required
- Records stock receipts, transfers and consumptions of Centres, Outreach, Social Franchising and Support Office
- Performs quarterly reconciliation between the general ledger (SUN) and the subsidiary ledger (Peachtree).
- Assists Centre Coordinators, Centre Receptionists on financial matters; and Accounts Manager in the preparation of financial statements, revision and analysis of account balances.
- Performs clearance and investigation of long outstanding balances of stock variances etc.
- Assists in the Preparation of semi-annual and annual financial statements
- Prepares and submits monthly and other regular or on request financial reports, as per the reporting requirements of MSI and the project funders
- Assists the Senior Finance Officer and Accounts Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial policy of the organization
- Undertakes any other related duties that may be assigned by the Senior Finance Officer
MA/ BA in Accounting
Two /Four year’s relevant experience.
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Good skill in documentation and recording with back up;
- Persistence and capacity to look into details;
- Knowledge of donor policies and standards;
- Ability to use Vision XL, SUN Accounting and Peachtree Software.
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: Support Office, Addis Ababa
Type of Employment: Permanent
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.