Purpose of the role
The Finance Officer is responsible for managing the financial operations and ensuring the financial stability and integrity of the school. This role requires a strong understanding of financial principles and practices, as well as the ability to work in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget, ensuring compliance with the school’s financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and general ledger activities.
- Conduct regular financial analysis and reporting, providing accurate and timely financial information to the school’s management and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement effective financial control systems to safeguard the school’s assets and maintain internal financial controls.
- Monitor cash flow, manage banking relationships, and optimize the utilization of funds.
- Conduct financial operations in a transparent manner & under rules agreeable to open office policy.
- Implement contingent plan expecting enforcement of mandatory IFRS, consolidated reporting & import driven accounting system.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Assist in the development of long-term financial plans, forecasting revenue and expenditure & foreign exchange trends.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to the school’s management, enabling informed decision-making and resource allocation.
- Conduct financial analysis on various projects, proposals, and initiatives, assessing their financial viability and potential risks.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Ensure compliance with local & international financial regulations, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, and budgets for internal and external stakeholders, such as the school board, auditors, and regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate and support external audits, providing necessary documentation and responding to audit queries.
- Liaise with tax and customs authorities.
Grants and Funding:
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities, grants, and sponsorships to support the school’s financial objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare grant proposals, applications, and financial reports as required by funding organizations.
Team Collaboration and Leadership:
- Collaborate with other departments, such as the administration, HR, and the Department of Learning & Development, to ensure effective financial coordination and support.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the finance team, fostering a culture of accountability, professionalism, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct performance evaluations, provide feedback, and identify training needs for the finance team members.
- Monitor/audit supplies & materials are acquired according to standard.
- Advise administrative staff in charge of the procurement process from ensuring acceptability of purchase request and cost estimate to disbursement of payment to suppliers.
- Fluency in English is essential, as it is the primary language of instruction and communication in our school.
- Department: Finance Office
- Responsible to: Director – Department of Operations, Finance & Legal
- Application Deadline: 31st July 2023
How to Apply
- Please submit your application via email to the designated contact person – [email protected], including the following documents:
- A detailed resume outlining your education, work experience, and any relevant certifications.
- A cover letter expressing your interest in the Finance Officer position, highlighting your qualifications, and explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role.
- Any additional supporting documents, such as reference letters or transcripts, that you feel would strengthen your application.
- Once we receive your application, our hiring team will carefully review your submitted documents, focusing on your qualifications, experience, and compatibility with the position.
- We will assess your application against the outlined criteria, including financial knowledge, analytical skills, attention to detail, and experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Based on the initial review, a shortlist of candidates will be selected for further consideration.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email or phone to schedule an interview.
- The interview process may consist of one or more rounds, including panel interviews and/or one-on-one interviews with members of the school administration and finance department.
- During the interview, you may be asked questions related to your financial expertise, problem-solving abilities, teamwork skills, and your understanding of the specific financial challenges faced by educational institutions.
- Depending on the specific requirements of the position, candidates may be asked to complete an assessment or practical exercise to demonstrate their financial skills and knowledge.
- Prior to making a final decision, we may contact the references provided in your application to gather additional insights into your professional abilities and work ethic.
- After careful consideration of all the applicants, the hiring team will select the most qualified candidate for the Finance Officer position.
- If you are the successful candidate, we will extend a formal offer of employment, including details regarding compensation, benefits, and start date.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. All applications and supporting documents will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with any third parties.
Thank you for considering this opportunity with our school. We appreciate your time and effort in completing the application process. Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the designated contact person.
We look forward to reviewing your application and wish you the best of luck.