- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Junior Accountant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: Oct 8, 2023
Kadisco Paint and Adhesive Industry S.C. previously known as Kadisco Chemical Industry PLC is a privately owned company located in Addis Ababa in the Akaki Kality Industrial Zone area. Kadisco is a company that traces its origins back from a small automotive parts dealership that was operating in one of the busy streets of Addis Ababa back in late 60’s. During the period until 1975 it had the opportunity to act as the sole distributor for Sadoline Paints. In 1979 it was registered as the sole company to manufacture adhesives and glue. By stages, the company developed into a diversified paint manufacturer.
In February 2015, Asian Paints Ltd and Kadisco Paint and Adhesive Industry SC formed a joint venture for business in Ethiopia and came to be known as Kadisco Asian paints. Asian Paints is India’s leading paint company and Asia’s second largest, with a group turnover of USD 2.7 billion. The group has an enviable reputation in the corporate world for professionalism, fast track growth, and building shareholder equity. Asian Paints operates in 19 countries and has 26 paint manufacturing facilities in the world servicing consumers in over 65 countries.
Today the company produces a full range of paints for the construction, industrial and automotive sectors. It also produces wood and concrete lacquers as well as adhesives for the wood and leather industry.
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Junior Accountant to join our accounting team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial statements, maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records, and providing support to the Senior Accountants. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or entry-level accountant looking to gain valuable experience and build their career in accounting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To post daily Cash sales on SAP
- To post CRVs on SAP
- Cash report
- Petty cash management
- Posting Raw Materials & Packing Materials & effect payment (local) on SAP
- Prepare all bank to bank transfers keeping the ascending order of serial numbers for transfer & follow up for bank advices
- Perform other related duties as required
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Reporting to: Finance Coordinator
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from a recognized University; additional education or certification in finance administration is a plus.
- 0-2 years of experience in accounting, preferably in a public accounting firm or corporate accounting department
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook and Word
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Superior attention to detail; skills such as analytic; critical thinking; problem-solving; multi-tasking abilities are required in addition to integrity, and honesty
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and work with other staffs
- Flexibility and ability to stay effective and motivated in a fast-changing environment.
- Knowledge of local laws of the country
- Should have good command in English (Oral & Written)
- Must be a good team player.
- The incumbent should be dynamic, well organized, self-driven & have a good personality
- Proficient in MS word, MS excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Able to work under pressure and complete the task within a preset time-frame
- Good inter-personal & communication skills
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received and only complete applications will be considered. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, we reserve the right to appoint them before the deadline. For this reason, we encourage interested candidates to apply at the earliest possible time. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Candidates are requested to submit their updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please mention the job title “Application for the position of Junior Accountant” in the subject line of the email.