- Category: Accounting and Finance, Admin, Secretarial and Clerical, Business and Administration
- Position: Finance and Administrative Assistant (Maternity Cover)
- Location: Bahir-Dar with frequent travel to project implementation areas.
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: 256 CHF up to 410 CHF
- Deadline: Jul 17, 2023
About the Organization:
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation is a Swiss based organization registered with Agency for Civil Society Organizations and working in the areas of Rural Infrastructure, Natural Resources Management, Governance and Peace, Skill Development and Employment, and Emergency Responses. See also www.helvetas.org (http://www.helvetas.org/). HELVETAS Ethiopia is presently looking for a motivated and competent Finance and Administration Assistance for Bahir Dar project office, Amhara National Regional State.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join our team as a Finance and Administration Assistant on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will play a vital role in supporting our finance and administrative functions to ensure smooth operations during this period.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Financial Data Management:
- Take custody of office Petty cash fund and other project funds and effective payment as approved by FAO and project manager.
- Assist in managing project-related financial transactions, such as petty cash and expense claims.
- Maintain proper accounting and related documentation in compliance with HELVETAS polices & procedures.
- Prepare check payment and Bank payment voucher to be reviewed and approved by the project manager.
- Assist in maintaining financial records, including invoices, receipts, and payment documentation.
- Procurement Administration:
- Maintain reasonable stock of fast-moving office supplies and stationery necessary for office operations of the projects in Bahir Dar.
- Ensure the project procurement of goods and services deliver on hand for the necessary documentation and timely recorded on PRV, GRN and GIV
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, ensuring timely and accurate procurement of required items.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
3. Logistics and Administration Support:
- Ensure the project vehicles get regular services in time, insurance policies are renewed, and logbooks are maintained by drivers on monthly base.
- Provide general administrative support to the projects based in Bahir Dar.
- Collaborate with team members to contribute to overall project goals and outcomes.
- Ensure that bills for utilities are settled on time.
- Handle hotel reservations and flight booking for HELVETAS staff and partners as necessary.
- Open incoming mail, parcels, and pouches route to the project manager and/or take necessary action.
- Receive and manage incoming and outgoing calls.
- Make sure outgoing pouches and letters are dispatched on time to the relevant persons or institutions and proper acknowledgement receipt is signed as necessary.
Required Qualification, Skill and Competency:
- BA degree in accounting.
- Three years of relevant work experience in INGO
- Knowledge of financial principles, practices, and regulations
- Proven experience and skill in working with accounting software.
- Good command of English language (written and spoken).
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good organizational and time management abilities.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application and updated CV through [email protected] or apply directly by ethiojobs or apply in-person to HELVETAS Bahir-Dar office located at: kebele 16 Dr Abdu Eye Clinic 2nd floor.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment and interview.
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer.
Please indicate the position title “Finance and Administration Assistant (Maternity Leave Replacement)” the position title you are applying for in the subject line.