Position: Junior Accuntant
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: December 15, 2023
Background of the Company
Hadeed Trading Plc is a company established in the year 2003 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia which is involved in manufacturing, export, import and distribution of different types of products. Hadeed entered the manufacturing sector by opening a galvanizing plant in 2005 and also started supplying home appliances for the local market in 2007. In 2018 Hadeed Trading entered the coffee export sector and quickly became one of the top exporters of top quality coffee in Ethiopia.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings;
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential;
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions.
- Issue payment invoices and provide receipts to clients.
- Prepare and manage company expenditures, including petty cash and payroll.
- Posting daily transactions (Sales, Stock and petty cash disbursements )
- Reconciliation of sales ledger against sales invoice and bank deposit.
- Reconciliation of stock ledger against stock card and periodic inventory count
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Communicating with supervisors and senior accountants for any issues regarding the above mentioned work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Provide assistance with various accounting tasks as needed.
- Other assignments given by immediate supervisor and Finance manager.
Category: Finance Department
Location: Addis Ababa, Near Bisrate Gebriel Church (South Africa Embassy)
Career Level: Junior Level
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: Company Scale
Qualifications And Experience
- BA Degree in Accounting, Accounting & Finance or relevant field
- 1 – 2 years’ relevant experience
Ability And Skill Required
- Team spirit/working in a team.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Excellent communication skill.
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Proficient in accounting software such as Peachtree and ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing.
How to Apply
ONLY FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ACCEPTABLE
Applicants who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria could submit detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials accompanied by cover letter to our email address [email protected] with the subject line of the position.