Positon: Trainee Melter
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: November 25, 2023
Our Company Habesha Steel Mills PLC is having An exciting opportunity to join our Steel Melting team as a trainee Melter keen to further their career, Under supervision of the Furnace In charges /Senior Melters, the successful candidate will be involved in taking training in all metal melting activities including scrap segregation, Select metals for melting and set up, preparation of product materials, Charge furnace, operation and troubleshooting of equipment and carrying out the manufacturing processes for melting different kinds of metals, cast it and clean by using Electric Induction Melting Furnace. In nutshell, the successful candidate will learn all operations of melting.
After successful passing of probation you will become a Melter with an increase of salary.
Duties and Responsibilities
(During the Training)
- Learn how Furnaces are lined with refractory linings which are eroded in every melting.
- Utilizing knowledge in estimating metal charges
- Grasp a knowledge on how to be able to inspect, measure and interpret drawings and repair procedures;
- When the metal is molten, learn how to check and adjust the composition.
- Work alongside maintenance team when escalation is needed for a mechanical issue.
- Be responsible for personal, production room and equipment sanitation
- Develop an understanding of batch record information, using basic mathematical skills, records preparing accurate and complete information.
- Be actively engaged in all technical training, as well as compliance and other training required as a member of the operations team.
- Inspect furnace for defects or damage
- Controlling temperature and chemical composition and designated procedures
- Use of correct and appropriate tools and equipment in cleaning castings and maintaining furnaces.
- Sets up and operates variety of specialized furnaces and
- Uses precision measuring instrument in operating and maintaining the melting equipment.
- Charge and Monitor furnace
- Tap or unload furnace
- Shutdown furnace
- Determine job requirement and instruction
- Identify excess material for removal
- Ensuring &conforms scrap material readiness for furnace operation.
- Controls &ensures the identification of metal which is used for furnace operation.
- Make sure chemistry of melted metal as per our
- quality department.
Required number: 4
Required Skills, Educational Background & Experience
- BSC Degree or Diploma graduate in Material Science and metallurgy, or related fields of study.
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others and work in a team-based environment.
- Organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
- Basic problem-solving capabilities for the purpose of troubleshooting issues in the manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work overtime when needed
How to Apply
Submit your non-returnable application with CV and copies of relevant documents in person to Habesha steel Mills PLC, in front of eastern Industry Zone, located at Dukem, Human Resource Development & Administration Department, or send it via email: [email protected]