- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Business Analyst -Temporary
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Contract
- Deadline: Jul 15, 2023
About Habesha Breweries S.C.
Would you like to be part of a Great Family? We are growing very fast with a team that is highly passionate about the beer industry. We value all our people and their desire to grow personally and professionally and their dedication to brewing the best Ethiopian beer! We really care about having a company where our people love what they do and consider themselves the ultimate consumers of their own Habesha Beer. As such, we aspire to create a work environment that is equally fun and a place where happiness can be felt with the teams that we form through time. We hire for attitude and skill as much as a passion for our industry.
If the above describes who you are, then our brewery is a place where you can prosper as a leader if you put learning and excellent execution as your practice in the work environment. Join us!
Habesha Breweries S.C. is looking for a temporary business analyst.
The Role Summary:
- Ensure financial reports are presented fairly and free from material misstatement.
- Identify potential risks of the business
- Design and apply ways of mitigating those risks.
- Assessing the effectiveness of internal controls applied to business in mitigating business risks.
- Safeguarding assets of the company.
- Perform reconciliations to identify financial risks and significantly reduce misstatements.
Result areas & responsibilities
- Ensure appropriate risk management and internal control frameworks are applied to assess financial risks, apply financial control frameworks to the business to mitigate those risks and minimize to an acceptable level.
- Ensure reconciliations are done every month-end close and validate that our records are complete and accurate with regard to inventories, customers, vendors, and fixed assets.
- Ensure goods in transit are followed up starting from purchase orders to goods landed at Habesha Breweries warehouses and make sure appropriate cost build-up is maintained and accounted for in SAP for imported items from overseas.
- Make sure account receivables and account payable balances show accurate and complete balances
- Recalculate interests and make sure it agrees with the bank statement, with confirmation from the group(group loan), and are accounted for properly in SAP.
- Ensure master data for the vendor, customer, GL, and Tax are in line with predefined guidelines, manuals, operating procedures, and tax laws.
- Make sure Habesha Breweries’ financial control frameworks are in place and implemented properly and consistently, these include, ensuring the approval process and other operational procedures.
This role is positioned at a mid-level and requires 3 and above years of relevant experience in the brewing industry with an experience on FSMS.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- BA degree in Accounting
- 3 years and above experience as an Accountant.
- Good knowledge of bank reconciliation.
- Excellent analysis skill
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent excel skills
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is July 11, 2023. Qualified applicants should submit their applications through www.Ethiojobs.net
References will be taken, and background checks will be carried out in conformity with Habesha’s HR Policy. Habesha Breweries S.C. operates within an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experiences required.