- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Associate-Business Process Solution
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Junior Level (1+ – 2 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: As per the Company salary scale
- Deadline: Aug 25, 2023
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organizations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
One of our service line is Business Process Solution. some of the services related to this service line include, but not limited to, Accounting activities, Preparation of Financial Statement (FS),Tax compliance within Outsourcing, Payroll Processing/Administration.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely coding and posting of accounting transactions of Clients, preparation of bank reconciliations and advising management for proper actions on related issues identified, if any.
- Prepare timetable for payroll service to Clients, review of payroll input data and processing of payroll, payroll reconciliation and pay slips.
- Prepare Client’s monthly declarations (VAT, WHT, PF and income tax) and processing of their filing with the tax authorities.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports / financial statements as required by the management of Clients’ and/or its holding company and also annual statutory financial statements.
- Archive Clients’ accounting documents completely and in a systematic way.
- Advise the management of Client for taking on time count of inventory and fixed assets at the year end and based on the output of the count, process reconciliations with the accounting records and produce valuation reports as appropriate.
- Facilitate and assist audit of the Client’s accounts.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising Clients on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications and experience:
- BA degree in accounting
- 1 years or above working in Accounting-Outsourcing/Accounting consultancy firm.
- Work experience in Business Process Solution/Outsourcing/Accounting Consultancy firms and Private Limited Companies is highly preferred.
Ability and Skill Required
- Having a deep understanding of accounting cycles and Ethiopian tax laws.
- Report writing skill.
- Able to work on multiple tasks efficiently.
- Team spirit/working in a team.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing.
- Good command of both verbal and written English.
- Open-minded, self-learner
How to Apply
Fill the online application form by following the below link by inserting this vacancy code: GTE0010/8/2023
Only shortlisted applicants who filled online application form will be contacted.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.