Position: Data Encoder
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: November 8, 2023
Experience: 1 year
Data encoders are responsible for converting raw data into a format that can be easily interpreted by computers. They commonly work with large sets of information, such as databases or other digital archives, and their job is to make sure this information is properly organized and formatted so it’s easy for software programs to read and interpret.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Transcribing information from recordings and manually entering data into spreadsheets or databases
- Reviewing data for accuracy and making changes if necessary, including identifying errors and making corrections
- Working with software that encrypts data, including configuring servers and settings to meet security requirements
- Creating rules to validate data input, such as ensuring that phone numbers are preceded by area codes or that only valid dates are used in processing applications
- Diploma in Accounting & Finance or in a related field of study
- Experienced in Microsoft Word & Excel is essential
- Minimum of 1 year and above work experience
How to Apply
- Submit your applications in person to the Human Resource Management Office, located around Megenagna, in front of the Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority
- Note: Following document verification, the applicant will take a written exam and an interview, as announced by the HRM office.