- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Cashier
- Location: Mekelle, Tigray
- Career Level: Junior Level (1+ – 2 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: Sep 9, 2023
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Institute (ATI) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government Institute created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATI envisions to be the leading center of innovative solutions for the transformation of Ethiopian Agriculture by 2030.
The Institute focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, Sidama, South-West, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated, and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATI, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
On behalf of the regional office, collect funds and effect payments according to ATA standard procedures. The main function is to collect money and effect different form of payments like workshops and other procurement related payments that daily occurs in relation to the regional ATA office.
- Prepare receipt vouchers and collect cash and/or cheque from various sources and organizations and deposit intact in to the regional Bank accounts.
- Ensure that all collections and payments are done against serially pre-numbered cash receipt and cash payment vouchers.
- Intact deposit all collections received from advance settlement or other sources;
- Prepare Cheque and effect payment as per the ATA policy and procedure manual;
- Record daily transactions and reconciliations on spread sheet;
- Maintain custody of financial documents, Cheques and other files;
- Effect payments related with workshop across the region up on requests and necessary documents fulfilled.
- Maintain petty cash fund, keeps in the safe place and prepares cash report with all supporting documents.
- Request for replenishment when the expenditure reaches 75% of the petty cash fund upon the authorization and approval of the Cluster Secretariat Lead and Finance Officer-Regional.
- Prepare payment vouchers (for Cash and Cheque payments) as per approved payment requests and/or authenticated invoices and receipts and present the vouchers for verification and approval by the responsible persons.
- Make cash / cheque payments only after getting approval/authorization from Responsible authority.
- Prepare receipts for Government withheld taxes VAT & WHT and provide to the supplier up on effecting the payment.
- Obtain a copy of VAT registration certificate and TIN from suppliers whenever effecting a payment.
- Keep payments vouchers and their supporting documents in safe place until they are transferred to the head office monthly.
- For reconciliation purpose keep a copy of each payment and maintain in the regional office.
- Prepare receipt vouchers and collects refunds for personal telephone, faxes and vehicle usage.
- Prepare weekly cash position for the consumption of bank signatories;
- Reconcile cash accounts with financial documents and update the cash book regularly.
- Checks and pay all office bill /telephone, fax, water, electricity, house rents, etc. on time.
- Comply with all relevant ATA policies and procedures
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all ATA resources in order to keep costs low
- Perform all other duties related to the position and assists the Senior Finance Officer in his/her daily routine.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance and other relevant field of study
- At least two years of relevant experience,
- Skill in the overall management of cash
- Knowledge in Microsoft applications is a must; knowledge on accounting software like QB, Peachtree and others is advantageous.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Amharic (and other Ethiopian languages) is highly desired.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
It is mandatory to mention the position title under the subject line of your cover letter.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted