- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Accountant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: Jun 30, 2023
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. EthioChicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our Vision and Purpose
Our vision is to provide one chicken per person per year through smallholder farmers.
Our purpose is making farmers of Ethiopia healthier and wealthier.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to record all Goods Receiving Notes ,Goods Return Notes, CreditNotes, Store Issue Vouchers and Goods Return Vouchers.
- Build up the cost sheet for poultry Commercial Purchase.
- Journalizing and posting Settable Egg receiving note from breeding and Issuance of the settable Egg to Hatchery (Setter room).
- Coding and recording of DOC Receiving note and its mortality including of their reconciliation against Credit sales invoice.
- Ensure all costs are properly accumulated & assigned to proper stock.
- Ensure all production costs are correctly accumulated & allocated properly.
- Ensure all required purchase, production, sales, dispatch supporting documents are collected & completed before coded & recorded.
- Prepare & follow up outstanding GRN,SIV,DO & purchase invoice documents & report periodically
- Follow and collect all required source documents for each farms periodically & report any
- Missed documents to cost division head immediately
- Ensure regular physical count of stock of raw materials, finished goods, Vaccines Medicines and Eggs and reconcile against stock cards.
- Prepare sales to finished good stock reconciliation and variance analysis periodically
- Prepare stock and finished goods reconciliations and variances analysis
- Prepare finished goods production Vs delivery & on hand stock reconciliation & variance analysis periodically
- Report slow moving and dead stocks of raw materials and finished goods
- Reconcile finished goods records against production and hatching Departments’ report.
- Ensure proper coding & posting of stock movements
- Prepare budget Vs actual consumption report periodically
- Review and ensure correctness of coding and posting for stocks received and finished goods produced
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures and other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Qualifications and Requirement
- Degree in Accounting /Finance
- Experience in accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred)
- Excellent computer proficiency
- 2 Years Experience
How to Apply
Please title your application with subject line: – ” Accountant”.
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or
e-mail: [email protected]
Women are highly encouraged to apply!