- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Accountant-Junior Finance Officer
- Location: Filtu & Boklomayo, Somali
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: Starting from 18,000 to 27,000 Basic Salary according to experience
- Deadline: Oct 15, 2023
· Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with state financial legal requirements and donor/organization guidelines
· Check, prepare & do payments through cash, cheque, bank transfer
· Keep detailed documentation of expenses (invoices, receipts…) and financial movements
· Update the accounting system of the projects in Lotus
· Ensure the settlement of monthly government obligation every month
· Collect bank statement and prepare monthly bank, cash & JV reconciliation
· Keep and manage petty cash
· Scan and upload all relevant project documents and expenditures justification on drive every month before 15th of every month.
· Keep update staff folders (employment contract, documents, leave request forms) and files (annual leave, attendance sheets……)
· Control, with the support of Logistician at Coordination, that the log-sheet of vehicles, motorbikes and office generator are correctly field and kept
· Prepare procurement supporting documents and keep track of orders, purchases and deliveries
· Revise and file all the supportive document according to donor’s requirement
· Assist the project manager
· Assist the country administrator and Finance manager in anything he/she needs
· Support the coordination office in Preparing all needed financial documents for audit process.
· Perform any additional assignment according to the position, given by immediate supervisor.
· Somali Language Speaker is a MUST
· Degree in Accounting and Finance or other related field
· A minimum of two years’ relevant experience
· Good communication skill in English.
· Good interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent computer skills: Ms Windows, Ms Word and Excel,
· Be a team player and communicator and work under minimal supervision
· Previous experience within a humanitarian aid organization (INGO) is a plus
How to Apply
Candidate who meets the above requirement is encourage to submit updated CV with at least 2 references, cover letter and relevant supporting Document (Degree and work Certificate) no letter than Sunday October 15th, 2023.