- Category: Engineering, Environment and Natural Resource, Social Sciences and Community
- Position: ES/NFI Officer
- Location: Axum, Tigray
- Salary: As per the organization scale
- Deadline: Sep 20, 2023
About the Organization
Development for Peace Organization (DPO) is an Ethiopian civil society organization established in 2020 with a mission of striving to meet the humanitarian and developmental needs of societies regardless of race, color, religion or cultural background. The organization is legally registered to work in Ethiopia (Reg. 5164), South Sudan (Reg. 4178), Kenya (OP.218/051/22-400/12732 and Somalia (Reg. NGOD/Moifar0422/022); it is also processing its registration in Yemen.
The candidate can implement Emergency Shelter and WASH activities at the response projects area as well as liaising with local government, field office team, Zonal /Woreda Shelter/WASH cluster forums where DPO project is operational. Build and maintain effective interfaces with other relevant teams within DPO, communities of concern, authorities, implementing partners. The role of the Project officer-Shelter and WASH is facilitate and ensure timely delivery of Emergency Shelter and WASH responses, conduct beneficiary targeting, registration and verification, perform well in a fast paced environment with positive attitude and team spirit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Vulnerability assessment of the IDPs house holds to ease targeting process,
- Conduct Beneficiary targeting, Registration and verification in collaboration of local administration,
- Prepare distribution plan and organize distribution of NFI by adhering to COVID 19 Infection prevention protocol ,
- Initiate procurement of Emergency Shelter and NFI with support of Regional Coordinator,
- Plan and/or Facilitate integrated/joint institutional and community resource and capacity assessment including feasibility study,
- Strongly engage with sector offices and local administration on the course of rolling out planned Emergency Shelter and NFI activities,
- Monitor and supervise day to day activities of Emergency Shelter and NFI activities,
- Participate Project level Emergency Shelter and NFI activity plan and review,
- Participate and provide technical support to conduct training for Community volunteers.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling DPO values;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary
- Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reports to: Shelter, NFI and WaSH Manager.
Required Number: 1(One).
- BSC degree in Engineering, rural development, social science, Environmental health and other developmental field or equivalent related field
- A minimum of 2 years related work experience in the area of emergency Shelter and WASH out of which at least 1-year experience in humanitarian response.
Essential Competencies & Skill
- Experience in working with in hygiene and sanitation promotions and Emergency Shelter assistance. This includes technical support, capacity building and coordination.
- Excellent understanding of Emergency Shelter and WASH issues in Ethiopia/Region at both field and policy levels.
- Experience in implementing Emergency Shelter and project.
- Good presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to train and mentor staff
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Good spoken and written English,
- Good computer and report writing skill
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies will be considered as a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of the area local language is a must
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall fill out this form https://forms.office.com/r/xLqRC68Tjt and submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable updated resume as a Merged PDF file through [email protected] until September 20, 2023.
Qualified women are highly appreciated to apply!
Candidates from the locality are highly encouraged to apply
Note: Use “ES/NFI Officer” as the subject line of your email!
DPO is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce and encourages all candidates to apply to join the organization, regardless of gender, nationality, religious/ethnic heritage, or disability.
DPO has a zero-tolerance policy for sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, authority abuse, and discrimination. DPO follows the principles of UN Child Protection. As a result, all shortlisted candidates will be subjected to thorough reference and background checks, as well as being expected to conform to these standards and principles.