- Position: Junior Procurement Officer
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Oct 05, 2023
Junior Procurement Officer
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
- Junior Procurement Officer is responsible for assist in the implementation of activities related to procurement as per the approved policies, procedures and guidelines. In addition the role holder is responsible for assist in the preparing purchase analysis sheet with cost estimate, revising short listed companies for effective procurement; invites assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals; and maintains a consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activity.
Academic & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Purchasing and Supplies Chain Management, Logistics Management, Property Management or other related fields.
- At least two (2) years’ post qualification experience in a similar role
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity/inclusion.
- Creativity and innovation skills.
- Action oriented.
- Quality focus and attention to detail.
- Professionalism and integrity in line with Dashen Bank values.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers)
- Risk awareness and focus – demonstrates understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
Required Technical Competency
- Experience in tender preparation and evaluation
- Procurement planning skills.
- Understanding of procurement laws and procedures.
- Skills in developing Service Level Agreements.
- Knowledge and experience in demand and supply system and best procurement practices.
- Knowledge and effective application of all procurement and relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
How to Apply
1. Interested and qualified applicants should apply through
2. Applicants should fill in all the details on the vacancy application form and make sure they submit it after completing all the questions.
3. Finally, please scan all relevant credentials (Uploading relevant credentials that verify educational qualification, work experience licenses, certifications …. etc. which are stated on the application form /CV).
3. Login to THIS vacancy application website and attach the scanned documents in PDF format (*mandatory).
NB. *Applicants who do not have THIS account need to register using a personal email account,
CVs shall not be more than 3 pages and saved in PDF format (mandatory
NB: – Dashen Bank does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Hence, if you are asked for any please refuse.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply