- Position: Junior Accountant
- Job Time: Full-Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
- Posted date: 1 day ago
- Deadline: October, 05/2023
The Center for African Leadership Studies (CALS) transforms African medical, business, governmental and nonprofit institutions and individuals with training, coaching, and organizational development that produces effective, values-based servant-leaders. The Center translates international evidence-based leadership development best practices into local cultural circumstances to meet specific needs with indigenous forward-looking solutions that respect tradition.
Reporting to the Administration and Finance, The Junior Accountant is responsible in preparing financial statements, and financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, periodically monitor the payment of the different taxes and company utility and collect and file the appropriate payment documents.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing financial statements, and financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger and producing budget according to schedule.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions.
- Data recording on Peachtree
- Prepare payment vouchers, cash receipts, withholding tax vouchers for suppliers, purchase orders, and journal vouchers, and submit the hard copy to be reviewed & approved.
- Prepare monthly budget vs Expenditure reports per source and update Program director for timely utilization.
- Prepare monthly payrolls for staff on a timely basis.
- Ensure the financial data entry completion and monitor the daily data entry in the accounting software system.
- Support the program team in budget preparation and reporting.
- Keep separate records of all fixed asset purchases with programs and projects.
- Responsible for the timely settlement of cash advances and reporting to the Finance head and CEO if there is any delay.
- Perform timely payment of Tax and Pension funds.
- Perform monthly Bank reconciliation.
- Prepare financial statements and liaise with external auditors for Yearly Audit
- Performs any other duty assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Finance Department
- Administration & Finance
- Junior Level
- Minimum Degree in the field of in Accounting/finance
- A minimum 2 years and above proven working experience.
- Experience in Peachtree Accounting and Ethiopian Revenue online system.
- Experience in consultancy firms and NGO projects is advantageous.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter and Curriculum vitae only through the email address [email protected] and the application should be before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and look forward to receiving your application.