- Position: Junior Accountant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: Oct 8, 2023
Bright Future Ethiopia Development and Charity Association (BFE) is a young local non-government organization (NGO) established in 2016 striving to expand while focusing on the unreached section of the community to make them resilient and self-reliant. BFE would like to hire a Junior Accountants who are responsible for managing all Finance and accounting tasks
Major roles and Responsibilities (80%)
The junior accountants are responsible for managing all accounting and finance related issues
- Lead the installation and implementation of Peachtree accounting/IPSAS accounting system in line with government and NGO requirements.
- Ensure effective financial running and rigorous financial control management and process disciplines.
- Ensure that all payments to and by the organization are effected in accordance with the guidelines and in line with government rules/regulations
- Conduct budget monitoring and proper utilization of funds at head office and field project sites
- Prepare monthly payroll, bank reconciliation, periodic financial report and facilitate budget transfer for projects
- Lead and organized fixed Asset registration, count, disposal, and Inventory report preparation
- Prepare project cash needs for project sites and follow appropriate and timely disbursements
- Prepare and Review grant budgets and financial reports against approved budgets, including liaising with projects at filed level and sure consistency with the plans.
- Responsible for financial reporting, ensuring timely review, feedback and consolidation according to donor’s and government standards and templets.
- Regularly update budget projections to ensure budget compliance and fund availability to minimize risks.
- Support the project team and program staffs to ensure timely review and deadlines for report submissions.
- Undertake routine monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, and transactions, and investigate anomalies or unusual transactions and fix within the reporting periods.
- Carry out timely corrective actions on unsubmitted expense requests and reports, including budget check errors, match exceptions, and unapproved requests, and reports.
- Support in the planning of financial resources, continuous analysis, and monitoring of financial progress.
- Coordinate the process for the financial opening and closure of projects.
- Contribute to the coordination and follow-up on audits of the organization according to different stakeholders’ needs and periods.
- Managing different project agreements and or contracts (service, purchase and vehicle, etc.)
- Follow up BFE’s day-to-day all vehicle running issues for both BFE and rented vehicles
- Other financial and organizational assignments from the immediate supervisor.
- Lead all Asset and stock Management details and processes
- Lead all Financial management and purchasing issues with collaboration of other team members
- Taking other roles and responsibilities related to the position and new need arise.
- Managing administration and logistics issues
- Other relevant assignments as needed by the Office.
Organizational strengthen and development (20%)
- Support, capacitate, consult and advise the organization staffs with technical and management inputs, developing high-level quality financial Reporting and compliances.
- Take part in different BFE group/committee and other assignment related to project management/coordination based on the direction from the Director and other departments.
- Support project teams to ensure budgets are prepared in accordance with established procedures and donor budgetary guidelines.
- Support project teams monitoring expenditures against budgets, commitments, delivery, and funding.
Reporting to: Program Coordinator/Project Manager
Open to: All Ethiopians
Number of position: 2(two)
- One for BFE-Yaya Gullele Project
- One for BFE-Head office
Duration: Nine months (Fixed Tem Contract, with probation period): extension depends on budget availability
- Addis Ababa frequent travel (minimum 50%) to project sites and
- Yaya Gullele (100 % fully project site based)
Qualification required /Competencies
- Graduate of 2014/2015 E.C from recognized university with BA degree in Accounting/ Finance and other related disciplines with GPA minimum of 3.25
- Knowledge, training and certificates on Peachtree ,IPSAS and other accountings system is an added asset
- Have information and Knowledge on laws and regulation of Agency of civil Society Organizations (ACSO) for NGOs is preferable
- Willing to travel (Minimum of 50%) to different existing and or new project areas including risky environment conditions for these applying for Addis Ababa(Head Office)
- Must willing to be based 100% in Yaya Gullele(Fital town) for these applying for Yaya Gullele project
How to Apply
Please send a motivation letter and resume of maximum four pages(in one PDF file)directly to: [email protected],and [email protected] by specifying “Junior ACCOUNTANT for Yaya Gullele ” on the subject line for these applying for Yaya Gullele project and “Junior ACCOUNTANT for Addis Ababa” on the subject line for these applying for Addis Ababa