- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Location: Jijiga
- Career Level: Junior Level (1+ – 2 years experience)
- Employment Type: Contract
- Salary: As Per Arzte Der Welt Salary Scale
- Deadline: Jul 30, 2023
1. Purpose of the post
The Finance assistant with close collaboration from the finance officer will assist in managing Ethiopia program with regards to finance and administrative issues. He/she will be a team player, commercially focused, possess energy and enthusiasm to motivate and engage others, and should have a high level of integrity and accountability skills.
2. Detailed activities
- Payment of expenses related to the daily operation of the MDM program through cash, cheque and/or bank transfer
- Managing staff working advances
- Ensure prompt payments to vendors, taxes, pension and staff salaries Ethiopia Program – HR Department
- Ensure correct and timely updates of expenses on WINPACCS
- Prepare the bank and cash reconciliations on a weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor and replenish cash flow into the program cashbooks
- Ensure compliance of MDM cash and financial management procedures and donor regulation
- Ensure compliance of supporting documents for payments
- Ensure reliable and traceable archiving of financial documents
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate for this role.
- Ensures a correct annotation and classification of all receipts, invoices … according to the financial rules
- Check the documentation and authorization to withdraw money from cash box (following authorization and approval procedure of the mission).
- Make daily cash count for balance checking purpose and investigate the possible differences and their causes.
- Perform monthly reconciliations with the supervision of Supervisor.
- Makes sure that all legal financial requirements are respected in the payments (deduction of income tax, withholding tax, VAT, TIN numbers…
- Preparation of the financial documents for timely monthly sending to Finance Officer
3. Expected profile
- Accounting, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized University
- At least 1 year’s working experience in a similar field of employee learning and development Management experience will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of Ethiopia’s tax law and Standards of accounting
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and activities.
- Ability to successfully work in a high-activity, fast-paced environment.
- Quick response time to employees’ inquiries
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution and diplomatically diffuse situations.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations considerately.
- Languages: Fluency in English (oral and written) is required. Working knowledge of the local language(Somali)is an advantage. Knowledge of other languages is desirable
How to Apply
- To apply, please submit: a two-page curriculum vitae; three work-related references; a one-page
- cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above;
- copy of certificate/License (if applicable).
- If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line. Send to info.somal[email protected] Deadline for submission: 30th July 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to Apply