- Position: Structural / Geotech Engineering Intern
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Deadline: November 30, 2023
About Afro-European Engineers (AAE)
Founded in 2007 GC with headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, by Swiss and Ethiopian partners, AEE intended from the outset to provide specialized structural engineering services not only in Ethiopia, but also elsewhere in the world, including the greater Africa region. AEE has the vision of becoming a team renowned for creating sustainable structures and relationships to satisfy clients, team and society. The values of AEE are:
- Grit in Pursuit of Excellence
- Proactive in Thought and Deed
- Holistic in Outlook
- Think and Do Creative
- Value Innovation
Currently, AEE is one of the leading structural engineering companies in Addis Ababa and is scaling up its operations to meet growing customer demand. AEE intends to continue to grow market interest and internal capacities in an innovative manner. It is in this context and in an effort to ensure sustained growth that this immediate vacancy is announced.
For details regarding AEE, please refer to our website www.aee.com.et.
The purpose of the person filling in the post is to do all structural engineering tasks including structural design (including substructural construction), structural detailing, structural cost control and structural supervision towards the satisfaction of customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake in a team and independently, all structural engineering tasks including structural calculations, sketches, structural CAD and BIM, preparation of structural specs, preparation of structural BoQ, preparation of cost estimates, control of construction costs, control of structural construction.
- For geotechnical engineering graduates, further focus on substructure is anticipated.
- Work with team and project leaders to the holistic satisfaction of client with an eye for optimization of functionality, economy, structural safety levels and aesthetics.
- Support project leaders in their tasks
- Working according to the policies, values and quality system of AEE and 3K Engineering partners
- Desire to learn new skills and innovatively apply oneself to accomplish the objectives and vision of AEE
- The candidate is preferred to have thesis specialty or have the willingness to develop one specialty area from the following list: foundations, shoring and retaining structures, building information modeling (BIM), structural steel, structural timber, structural dynamics and wind, structural materials (structural façade, fire and moisture protection of structural materials), structural masonry, reinforced and post-tensioned concrete or other structural engineering specialty as deemed relevant.
Renumeration: Attractive stipend, negotiable within the company pay scale range. This is a paid internship with monthly pocket money.
Contract Period: six months to one year with the possibility of permanent employment afterwards
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Bole Road, TK International Building 2
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering with a focus on structural engineering and/or Geotechnical Engineering (graduating class encouraged)
- Zero years of experience
Personal Competencies and Skills
Postgraduates are assumed to already have the following skills:
- Good command of English (spoken and written)
- Good computer programming skills are desired but not mandatory
- Good BIM and CAD skills
- Good human skills
- Good learner (eagerness and quickness)
- Good professional ethics
- Good personal management
- Good innovative skills (value-added research and adaptive skills)
How to Apply
- Submission (curriculum vitae, letter of application and applicable education records) will be accepted on or before November 30, 2023, via ethiojobs.net.
- Your application letter should clearly state your personal motivation, CGPA, the unique value you intend to add through your engagement in the post and the title of the post applied for.
- You should include a scanned copy of applicable education records including temporary degrees as part of your application. Additionally, you should provide a comprehensive overview of your educational background in your CV, including high school information, relevant qualifications, skills, and achievements that demonstrate your suitability for the role.
- If you come through a recommendation, in your letter of application, please clearly state the name of the person that referred you to the position.
- Candidates that do not meet the criteria need not apply.
- If you need further information, please call +251 116 184 060/63, Monday to Friday, from 10:30 to 12:30, and from 14:30 to 16:30.
- Due to our receipt of significantly numerous employment applications, all applications are deemed non-returnable, relieving AEE from the responsibility of responding to each application.