- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Position: Senior Import Export Documentation and Logistic Officer
- Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: May 26, 2023
- Required posts: 1
- Work Station: Company Head Office – Piasa Area
Qualification and Experience
- BA in Management, Accounting or related fields 6 years’ experience out of which 4 years’ experience as an export documentation and logistic officer or senior officer. Exposure in documentation, handling export logistic issues and somehow involvement in sales negotiation is mandatory. Plus experience in exporting major export items such as coffee, oilseeds, sesame, green mung, cereals, fruits etc is mandatory.
Description of Our company – Yetem Trading PLC has been engaged in trading business since 1983 E.C. and owned a cosmetics house that supplies and distributes different brands.Yetem Trading has its extensive customers base from all over Ethiopia, and has created an assortment of collections that has gained it’s reputation to be the leading name in the cosmetics sector.
Currently we are investing to establish a manufacturing unit of personal care cosmetics and plastic. The company owns 5000 Sqm plot manufacturing facility in Sheger City Administration which is at 4 km North of Addis Ababa at specific place called Sululta. We installed technologically advanced machines and we are on the verge of starting production.
The position holder is mainly responsible for
- Monitoring the export process from Ethiopia to all over the world include all documentation and dealing with forwarder;
- Responsible to monitor and maintain relationship with all ocean, air, and consolidator /booking agents to ensure accountability and proactive handling of the supply chain;
- Responsible and accountable for advanced planning of logistics provider capacity and volume forecasting to protect on –time shipping;
- Control all raw materials importing record update on voucher book, cross check invoice from supplier before shipment;
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies;
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received
- Supplier co-operation;
- Follow-up purchasing order status, delivery schedule and shipping document;
- Prepare import and document, License per invoice;
- Prepare export and custom documents;
- Handle all logistic activities pursuant to Export of coffee and oil seeds.
- Communicate with cleaning facilities, shipping agent & forwarding agent for clearance;
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- To handle carrier related works like DHL/Fedex etc (import and export)
- Prepare all the required export documents and facilitate import permits from concerned authorities
- Handle all import shipments as per the import procedures and requirements in collaboration with concerned authorities and freight forwarding companies
- Prepare and Updates import follow up sheet
- Observing and formulating the records of the activities related to imports
- Application for import permits using Ethiopian single window services
- Communicate and cross check invoices from supplier before shipment
- Take responsibility for initial document inspection and document management
- Follow up for the clearance of undertakings given related to imported materials clearance.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Export Manager
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply to directly via the email [email protected] from the date of the announcement. Early applicants are highly appreciated